Current time: 15/05/2024, 18:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
I was in London yesterday and spent some time at the back of the Olympics site by First London's Lea Interchange depot. On the other side of Temple Mills Lane there is a makeshift, if well-built, Bus station which was incredibly busy ferrying people ( I think officials or competitors, not spectators ). In 10 minutes there must have been over 100 movements of Stagecoach and Ulsterbus buses including 277xx Gillmoss - 27701 looked very strange with its 14 branding but no other markings. Many branded vehicles from all over the country. A little bit further down on the other side of Ruckholt Road there was a lay-over park stacked with buses.Absolutely mind-boggling. There was lots of security but you could see a lot from the public highway.

I had no difficulty getting there. Victoria Line from Euston to Walthamstow Central, then a 69 or 97 to Ruckholt Road, South Leyton then walk the last half mile or so to the Lea Interchange depot. Masses to see if you can make it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
PX04 HTY Dennis Plaxton Dart was on the 82 yesterday , recognisable with the adverts on Morecombe displayed on the exterior of the vehicle , still the odd all enviro 300 out , though I guess it's not long till they go down

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
PX04 HTU is on the 86 today, I sadly missed a pic of it at LSP - The main thing that made it noticeable to me was that is still has dot-matrix destination displays, when all Gillmoss based Pointer 2s have LED screens!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
it been like that since they got it
(31/07/2012 13:32)buses7675 Wrote:  PX04 HTU is on the 86 today, I sadly missed a pic of it at LSP - The main thing that made it noticeable to me was that is still has dot-matrix destination displays, when all Gillmoss based Pointer 2s have LED screens!

In that case I seen a 53 Dart with flipdots on the 17 this evening, take it this is another loan!
Unusual sighting in St Helens this lunchtime was N656 CHF, not seen this in a while!
Haven't Stagecoach won the early morning 196? That's probably what N656 CHF was doing in St Helens, route learning. Smile

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
(31/07/2012 18:58)K853 MTJ Wrote:  
(31/07/2012 13:32)buses7675 Wrote:  PX04 HTU is on the 86 today, I sadly missed a pic of it at LSP - The main thing that made it noticeable to me was that is still has dot-matrix destination displays, when all Gillmoss based Pointer 2s have LED screens!

In that case I seen a 53 Dart with flipdots on the 17 this evening, take it this is another loan!
Unusual sighting in St Helens this lunchtime was N656 CHF, not seen this in a while!

Was it not one of the 53 darts they already have, although fairly sure all of them had there Flip-Dots removed.
It will have been Preston's 34473. Preston based Darts are on loan to Gillmoss instead of the Marshall Darts, after being made available through recent service changes in Lancashire.
I'm unsure whether the movement of Preston darts is Olympic related or not.
Following recent PVR changes [113 moving to Chorley] all 6 darts previously at Preston were removed from allocated services (ie. they became spares). As Preston were overfleeted for MD spares, but lacking in Solo spares, I wonder if 2 of those Solos recently withdrawn from Chorley have turned up at Preston, with 4 or so darts moving to Merseyside.
Carlisle's 24121 is out on the 10C, easily recognisable due to it's different destination layout and dual-purpose seats. Preston's 34619 is also out, on the 20/21. 27708 was the only Integral I noted out today, it was on the 14.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)