Current time: 15/05/2024, 19:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(17/12/2014 12:21)mbonwick Wrote:  DPF is not the issue particularly, but the significantly higher combustion temperatures at euro 6 are.

I read somewhere recently that operators are more than a little bit concerned with this issue of higher combustion temperatures. IIRC 700 degrees Celsius
was mentioned. Anybody taking bets on when the first one goes up in smoke?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Very interesting thanks for the insight, much appreciated.
In other threads there are on-going discussions about the use of deckers on QBP routes. It now seems clear that Arriva plans to convert more of its own routes to double decker in the near future, the first being the 52/52A with more Green Lane routes likely to follow next year. So far, Stagecoach has resisted this move towards deckers but surely it is only a matter of time before it accepts that deckers are the way forward. The obvious candidate is the 20/21 service as it is prone to bunching and not unusual to see four of them passing through Walton nose to tail. In January, according to the Stagecoach site, there will a big enhancement of the 20/21 evening service. Any comments?
The 20/21 would be good with double deckers but I question wether or not they're actually required, outside of the peaks and weekends both routes are relatively quiet . I think the MANs are perfectly adequate at all other times personally.
I have often wondered why Stagecoach Merseyside have relatively few Double Deckers. Manchester, Preston, Sheffield, Stagecoach have on strength a lot of Deckers but so few in a similar sized city such as Liverpool.
We know of Arriva's dominance, but the cities mentioned above all have significant competition - First in Manchester & Sheffield & Rotala in Preston.
For a company such as Stagecoach I'd imagined an aggressive expansion on Merseyside. From the outside looking in it would appear that Stagecoach are happy with Arriva having their dominant position.
Other than the QBP routes where do Arriva & Stagecoach compete?
Has I'm from St Helens I'd like an alternative to Arriva. Arriva's monopoly in St Helens is bad for the traveller, no competitor to keep them honest.
Wasn't the originaly reason for no deckers at Gillmoss due to the vandalism and bad behaviour issue that stemed from when GTL had the Metrobuses and Titans especially runnning them through areas such as Kirkby and Speke although I know Stagecoach don't run through to Speke these days (correct me if I'm wrong).

I've been travelling in/around Liverpool/Merseyside area for years and can actually see Stagecoach routes that probably would do with deckers though these days and I don't think Kirkby is anywhere near as bad as it used to be
24165 has had a repaint and a retrim on its seats. It has also lost its route branding for the 20/21.
(19/12/2014 07:14)M60lad Wrote:  Wasn't the originaly reason for no deckers at Gillmoss due to the vandalism and bad behaviour issue that stemed from when GTL had the Metrobuses and Titans especially runnning them through areas such as Kirkby and Speke although I know Stagecoach don't run through to Speke these days (correct me if I'm wrong).

I've been travelling in/around Liverpool/Merseyside area for years and can actually see Stagecoach routes that probably would do with deckers though these days and I don't think Kirkby is anywhere near as bad as it used to be

No Stagecoach do not run to Speke, Kirkby not as bad as it used to be although if the excuse for no deckers is vandalism it is a bit of a lame excuse really as they have deckers in other areas of the country that are just as bad if not worse.
(19/12/2014 07:50)Daniel Anderton Wrote:  24165 has had a repaint and a retrim on its seats. It has also lost its route branding for the 20/21.

24166 noted looking very fresh the other day as well.....again, no route branding

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(19/12/2014 09:45)gka472l Wrote:  24166 noted looking very fresh the other day as well.....again, no route branding

A few appear to have had new seats fitted including 24154.

47336 just passed me on ormskirk road, not sure where it's heading!

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)