Current time: 15/05/2024, 20:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
Caught a packed 34820 working a late 14A this evening whilst 27899 was on the 17 relatively quiet!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Just wondering how well does the X3 do? Is it ever full up because every time i see it, it looks totally empty.
Don't get into Liverpool City Centre very often but there last Saturday. Apart from X2 and 471/472 didn't see any deckers. Do Tridents operate on any regular services these days?
They usually operate the 82/86/86C, but having only 9 it can be tricky to find them.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Would appear that there is a possibility Stagecoach have lost the Hope Uni contract from this summer; a cancellation notice has apppeared on VOSA over the last few days.
I seen 19069 in Southport earlier, according to the latest Mersey/South Lancs & Manchester fleet lists its with neither operation
(18/06/2014 21:47)turbo777 Wrote:  I seen 19069 in Southport earlier, according to the latest Mersey/South Lancs & Manchester fleet lists its with neither operation

19069 was prematurely reported as destined for Exeter.....turned out not to be the case of course.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
It's down as being at Holbrook on loan from Sharston.
Sure it was 19069, though there's always the possibility I could of mis-read it.
It's been on loan back from Holbrook for a while as the current phase of tram replacements doesn't require as many vehicles.

So, 19069 on loan to Yorkshire but loaned back to Manchester!
(15/06/2014 11:58)Busser Wrote:  Just wondering how well does the X3 do? Is it ever full up because every time i see it, it looks totally empty.

Got talking to someone within Stagecoach about the X3 route.
They said it was originally designed to be a limited-stop service linking Kirkby Civic Centre with Liverpool City Centre via the East Lancs Road (hence eXpress 3).

Someone else then realised you might as well divert it to include Fazakerley Hospital, then another person said limited-stop services were unpopular on Merseyside, so it would be expected to stop at all designated stops.
Of course by then, it was too late to change the route number as it had gone through with VOSA as registered.

All a bit of a mess if you ask me.
I can't really see the X3 lasting very long, new route numbers tend to confuse passengers especially if they're not supported by route branding (unlike the successful X2 decker route).

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)