Current time: 15/05/2024, 18:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
This division currently has some marketing resource challenges, which may go some way to tally with your local observations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
More MMCs here

11108 SK68LWA
11109 SK68LWC
11110 SK68LWD

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(04/09/2018 14:27)buses7675 Wrote:  More MMCs here

11108 SK68LWA
11109 SK68LWC
11110 SK68LWD

The rest of these should be

11111 - SK68 LWE
11112 - SK68 LWF
11113 - SK68 LWG
11114 - SK68 LWH
11115 - SK68 LWJ
11116 - SK68 LWL
11117 - SK68 LWM
(03/09/2018 23:11)SandyDrew Wrote:  This division currently has some marketing resource challenges, which may go some way to tally with your local observations.

Are you referring to the recent marking job advert? I can see someone being off being a problem but even then, things like newspaper and bus stop adverts require no physical staff from the company, just payment. Little things go a long way. (I was out today and the Blacon Eclipse still have X8 adverts on the TV screens.... 2 years after the service has started.... Why not do that on the MMCs? Wouldn't be very effective but on the 82... I think that would help a lot. And it's free. Just need the design. No cost, no staff (once the design is made))
(22/08/2018 18:22)childwallblues Wrote:  According to SKM 19041/43/44 have transferred from Gillmoss to Manchester.

Found a shot on Flickr of 19044 in service in Manchester, are these permanent transfers or loans please??

Cheers

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(03/09/2018 20:27)Bevan Price Wrote:  Unless there has been good local publicity, many potential passengers will be clueless as to the route / destination details, etc. And many people seeing a coach will possibly not appreciate that it is a "service bus" rather than some tour / excursion / long distance express service.

All the X5s I have seen this week about 10, in Widnes and in Liverpool have had no one on except 1 person on one.
All the destinations show on the deckers is Liverpool One or Widnes Express via Speke Boulevard, not very good really, no mention of Barrows Green or wherever it terminates
I also think coaches are very excessive for the route, they should use these ex Coastliner ones as they have been and brand them up.
I see the X5 regularly and, as said in previous comments, it did have poor loadings on Monday (as is to be expected).

Yesterday however, I saw 3 or 4 in the evening peak which were carrying 10-12+ people in both directions. Also, laminated timetables and maps have appeared in bus stops along the route.

It may take a while but hopefully this will do very well.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tf91/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(03/09/2018 15:26)Barney Wrote:  The marginal costs of whether to use a mid-life decker or minibus are minimal. I don't live in that area but I have no doubt that the X5 will be a success. For the first few weeks of operation the X2 also carried fresh air but, based on the repeated capital investment, that has become a big earner for Stagecoach.

(05/09/2018 07:23)Tf91 Wrote:  I see the X5 regularly and, as said in previous comments, it did have poor loadings on Monday (as is to be expected).

Yesterday however, I saw 3 or 4 in the evening peak which were carrying 10-12+ people in both directions. Also, laminated timetables and maps have appeared in bus stops along the route.

I really hope it does as I’d like to see more Stagecoach services in Widnes. Does anyone know if bus stops are in place along Barrows Green Lane or is it hail and ride?
(05/09/2018 07:40)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  I really hope it does as I’d like to see more Stagecoach services in Widnes. Does anyone know if bus stops are in place along Barrows Green Lane or is it hail and ride?

Hail and ride along Chorley's Lane and Barrows Green Lane.
(05/09/2018 07:23)Tf91 Wrote:  I see the X5 regularly and, as said in previous comments, it did have poor loadings on Monday (as is to be expected).

I think the only way it had that many people is 82 passengers who have their Stagecoach pass, jumping on at the few shared stops. I doubt many were for onward to Widnes

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)