Current time: 17/05/2024, 04:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Avon Buses
RE: Avon Buses
(26/06/2014 19:51)Mayneway Wrote:  As well as Olympians they had a number of Titans as well. I have a photo knocking about somewhere taken at their depot some years ago with about 5 Titans, a metrorider and a Leyland national.
Didn't they also have a re bodied National/Lynx as well?

Yeah I think it was a National Greenway it saw service on the 182 which then became the 82 I think.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Going back further, didn't Avon used to operate NCME Atlanteans from a compound in Widnes??
Does anybody know who is taking over the following Avon services from August 10th: 107/207/208 164, 411?

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Routes 164 and 411 are operated commercially at the moment, are they being withdrawn and replaced by a Merseytravel service?
The new 135/235 timetable now online
(26/06/2014 18:59)wirralbus Wrote:  To be honest I did not realise that Avon had some double deckers , I have always thought of them as a single decker company.

They had at least three ex-Merseybus deckers; 0243, 0246 (registered B18 AVN) and 0248.

AVON 248 (F248 YTJ) with 246 next to it....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/busman-buses/8470652031/
(Photo Credit; Count Dracula)

I actually remember riding this bus some years ago. It had Arriva 'Tyne Bridge' blue moquette seating which looked at odds with the brown interior panelling.
There was a notice on board about 'Revisions to Arriva Northumbria school services', so it had obviously moved away with MTL's takeover before returning back to Merseyside after being sold on to Avon.

As seen here as Arriva Northumbria 7201....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/45726467@N02/11291873095/
(Photo Credit; David Beardmore)
(27/06/2014 13:57)N271CKB Wrote:  The new 135/235 timetable now online

Indeed it is, also worth noting is it has a note on the timetable saying, "Special, non-standard, Merseytravel bus fares are charged on all the buses shown on this page." presumably meaning the fares are going to be slightly lower or higher than £1.30.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
How can one route have Special non-standard Fares? Surely this opens up a can of worms.

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
(28/06/2014 19:40)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  How can one route have Special non-standard Fares? Surely this opens up a can of worms.

I think Merseytravel should be looking at removing the 1 and 2 in the numbers of the daytime service and maybe having it as a 35 and 35A just so that operators of said service don't get any aggravation from any passengers saying it was this price last night why isn't it this price now .
Might be partly tendered rather than fully tendered which entitles them to charge there own fares.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)