Current time: 16/05/2024, 00:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Avon Buses
RE: Avon Buses
Me too, presume the photograph wasn't today's.

Withdrawn Marshall S511KFL was taken away for scrap on Tuesday
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/01/2014 22:28)jtd508110 Wrote:  That is quite odd as I saw 507 on the 93 at around 3pm in Birkenhead
(30/01/2014 00:17)N271CKB Wrote:  Me too, presume the photograph wasn't today's.
Indeed - the photo was taken on the 17th! Sorry for the confusion! Blush

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The remains of Marshall T922AGP has been taken away
PC1097846/9 - AVON BUSES LTD T/A AVON BUSES, 10, BROOKWAY, NORTH CHESHIRE TRADING ESTATE, PRENTON, CH43 3DT
Variation Accepted: Operating between Woodside Ferry and West Kirby given service number 77/77A effective from 31-Mar-2014. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

PC1097846/11 - AVON BUSES LTD T/A AVON BUSES, 10, BROOKWAY, NORTH CHESHIRE TRADING ESTATE, PRENTON, CH43 3DT
Variation Accepted: Operating between Saughall Massie and Mill Park, Clifton Avenue given service number 40/40A effective from 31-Mar-2014. To amend Timetable.

PC1097846/12 - AVON BUSES LTD T/A AVON BUSES, 10, BROOKWAY, NORTH CHESHIRE TRADING ESTATE, PRENTON, CH43 3DT
Variation Accepted: Operating between Chester Bus Exchange and West Kirby given service number 22/25 effective from 31-Mar-2014. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

PC1097846/13 - AVON BUSES LTD T/A AVON BUSES, 10, BROOKWAY, NORTH CHESHIRE TRADING ESTATE, PRENTON, CH43 3DT
Variation Accepted: Operating between Clatterbridge Hospital and Moreton Cross/ Birkenhead given service number 17/17A effective from 31-Mar-2014. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

PC1097846/24 - AVON BUSES LTD T/A AVON BUSES, 10, BROOKWAY, NORTH CHESHIRE TRADING ESTATE, PRENTON, CH43 3DT
Variation Accepted: Operating between Birkenhead Bus Station and Moreton given service number 18 effective from 31-Mar-2014. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

PC1097846/28 - AVON BUSES LTD T/A AVON BUSES, 10, BROOKWAY, NORTH CHESHIRE TRADING ESTATE, PRENTON, CH43 3DT
Variation Accepted: Operating between Woodside Ferry and New ferry given service number 164/165 effective from 31-Mar-2014. To amend Timetable.
Some of those alterations look like there because of the incursion of Stagecoach onto some of there routes in the near future , be interesting to hear a bit more of these alterations .
I'm thinking that the 22/25 will be rerouted away from Lower Village and go directly via Telegraph Road and the 77/77A rerouted via Lower Village to replace the 22/25.
As the 77/77A timetable stands , it really runs to its maximum potential with one minute between journey's at the Birkenhead end and four minutes between journeys at the West Kirby end so diverting the service via the Lower Village at Heswall can not be feasible unless the service ceases to operate beyond Heswall to West Kirby.

But will wait with baited breath to see what Avon have up there sleeves.
From 31st March:

164 Avon Buses​ - Woodside - New Ferry​ - Times​
​165 Avon Buses​ - Woodside - New Ferry​ - Service withdrawn​
​22 Avon Buses​ - West Kirby - Chester​ - Times and route​
​25 Avon Buses​ - West Kirby - Chester​ - Times and route​
​40 Avon Buses​ - Saughall Massie - Mill Park​ - Times​
​40A Avon Buses​ - Saughall Massie - Mill Park​ - Times​
​18 Avon Buses​ - Birkenhead - Town Meadow​ - Times and route​ ​
​17 Avon Buses​ - Moreton - Clatterbridge​ ​- Times ​
​17A ​Avon Buses - Moreton - Clatterbridge​ - Service withdrawn​
​16 Avon Buses​ - Moreton - Clatterbridge​ - New service​ ​
​16A Avon Buses​ - Moreton - Clatterbridge - New service​ ​
​77 Avon Buses​ - Woodside - West Kirby​ - Times and route​ ​
​77A Avon Buses​ - Woodside - West Kirby​ - Times and route
Not overly surprised on the 165 going, always quieter than the 164 when I've used it
(10/02/2014 21:57)N271CKB Wrote:  Not overly surprised on the 165 going, always quieter than the 164 when I've used it
When Impera operated those services, it was the opposite way around (well, that was definitely the case between December of 2013 and when they finished). Some of the regular late drivers preferred doing the 165 for that reason.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)