Current time: 08/05/2024, 05:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
Just to clear a few things up. The BCI CAN Go through the Wallasey Tunnel not the Birkenhead, I was on it when we got stopped at Birkenhead. Something about tri-axles not being allowed through that one but i think it might be the height and curves as has already been stated. I recall the airlink Scanias from Speke being too wide to use that tunnel as well.
Aintree also has a Brand new Irizar Coach as well. UK66ACL is the reg
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Helms ran the Wirral Ale Trail again today from 11am to 11pm, serving various ale pubs in New Brighton, Hoylake, West Kirkby, Irby, Prenton, Spital and Birkenhead. A massive success again by all accounts, and quite rare indeed to see Helms vehicles in North Wirral as well...

Vehicles used include:
- Volvo B7TL X111 ACL (111)
- Scania N94 YN03 DFA (129)
- Trident X5 ACL (126)
- Aintree-owned Trident Enviro400 SN58 CDK
- Aintree-owned Trident V532 ESC
Find all posts by this user
Unfortunatly, Ex-GHA Coaches Volvo B10 T510 APS will no longer be purchased. This is due to it "suddenly sustaining an engine fault". I hate to assume, but with GHAs poor vehicle maintenance record, I bet it has had an engine fault for a while...

Also, ex-GHA Coaches Solo YJ15 AYH has finally gone down to Ensign Bus this morning. It travelled down there with ex-Stagecoach Volvo B7RLE MX05 CKK, which has been stored at the Aintree garage for the past week.
(25/10/2016 19:25)Dentonian Wrote:  Looks like someone has added 2&2 to make 5; Buses mag report that YJ15 AYH was bought by Aintree C/L. Presumably, it was just stored on behalf of Ensign.

No, not as far as I know! It has had a lot of work done on it at Helms and has been in the depot since early July, but not purchased.
Interesting article on NEW equipment for Aintree Coachline:
http://www.route-one.net/articles/Vehicl..._Australia
Solo MX09 AOL (108) was transferred across to the Helms garage for 2 weeks over the Christmas period, whilst it was not needed on the school contract at Aintree. It has since returned.

Scania YN53 RYR (131) has now received full fleet livery and if awaiting vinyls this week.

Bishops' High School service 208 (Little Sutton - Great Sutton - A41 - Chester), was withdrawn after service on Friday 23rd December, following a decline in numbers.
(10/01/2017 14:59)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Solo MX09 AOL (108) was transferred across to the Helms garage for 2 weeks over the Christmas period, whilst it was not needed on the school contract at Aintree. It has since returned.

Scania YN53 RYR (131) has now received full fleet livery and if awaiting vinyls this week.

Bishops' High School service 208 (Little Sutton - Great Sutton - A41 - Chester), was withdrawn after service on Friday 23rd December, following a decline in numbers.

Does anyone know who has taken over the service?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(10/01/2017 20:31)chester285 Wrote:  Does anyone know who has taken over the service?

Nobody, it's a commercial service, not a CWaC school contract.

It was withdrawn due to low numbers, when the route was taken over from Stagecoach, it used to warrant a full size decker, however, towards the tail end of 2016 it could easily seat everyone on an 8.9m Enviro200...

There are plenty of other options for Bishops High students, which include the train from nearby Capenhurst Station, or the Stagecoach route 2.
Helms will be receiving 2 ex-Metroline London 05-plate Alexander ALX400/Trident 2s shortly from Ensign. These will receive fleet numbers 132 and 133 respectively.
A surprise today is SN58CDK on the Birkenhead Central rail replacement helping out.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)