Current time: 18/05/2024, 14:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(01/07/2019 13:28)mikestone Wrote:  There is a 153 sitting in P.5 at Chester so perhaps that is why the Chester-Leeds turn is short.

CLC service just arrived in Chester worked by 156466 to work 15.02 back - is that new, as presumably 156s released off Lpool-MIA turns?

I don't know. The 17:02 was a 156 most of last week, today it was back to the usual 150 again. There also seems to be regular unit swaps with Sheffield services at
Piccadilly if a Mid-Cheshire arrival can't go in to platform 5 for whatever reason.

There was a part refurbished ex-GWR 150 on the 07:41 Manchester to Chester this morning - PRM work done plus the exterior painted in base colours but nothing else.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
According to a tweet by Northern 331s will eventually be used on Liverpool to Blackpool. Maybe that's where the 3 X 3 car ones originally intended for Windermere services will go.
Can I ask please, in relation to the faults that have been mentioned recently, whether any tests have been carried out running the 195s or 331s coupled in 4, 5 or 6 car formats for the 195s and 6, 7 or 8 car formats for the 331s in order to find out the cause of the faults.
(01/07/2019 13:28)mikestone Wrote:  There is a 153 sitting in P.5 at Chester so perhaps that is why the Chester-Leeds turn is short.

CLC service just arrived in Chester worked by 156466 to work 15.02 back - is that new, as presumably 156s released off Lpool-MIA turns?

156s are not new on there but they will now probably become a bit more regular.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(02/07/2019 13:47)ant17612 Wrote:  156s are not new on there but they will now probably become a bit more regular.

156s became less common after they started indirectly covering for the lack of TPE 170s. It was Northern's original plan to put the 156s freed up by Chat Moss electrification on to the Mid Cheshire with Allerton to Chester ECS moves replacing Newton Heath to Chester ones but the idea was dropped because the 156s were needed elsewhere.
150 on both the 1702 Chester to Manchester and 1639 Manchester to Chester (booked to be same train as 1502 Chester to Manchester), so presumably any 156s popping up are covering 150s away for refurbishment, opposed to diagrams being switched.
There is also the possibility that the 156s & 150s displaced by the 195s & 331s could be used to strengthen the usual 2 coach services to 4 coaches giving extra capacity when its most needed.
331108 was moved last night from Allerton to Neville Hill by 37611/47813.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Grayling set to approve use of Pacers beyond end of year
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019...-to-retire
Well the rail industry would be in deep sh*t without them.
I was in Doncaster last week and the works 08 was just shunting the south end driving car of one of the 769s returned from Allerton onto the north end of the set and I thought they must have finally found a solution to the exhaust problem and they were going inside, but once the two cars were coupled nose to nose they just left them.
Surely it can't be long until one of the TOCs tells Porterbrook and Wabtec they are no longer inteterested?
PS . sh*t was not what I wrote.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)