Current time: 02/05/2024, 08:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bolton Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot
Arriva are pulling off the 715 from September, The route under Arriva has had a slow and painful death.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/06/2016 09:24)T42 PVM Wrote:  Arriva are pulling off the 715 from September, The route under Arriva has had a slow and painful death.

It's actually being withdrawn on 24th July - details on VOSA thread. Definitely agree they have killed this service off. Wonder if Diamond Bus will increase the full route to every 30 minutes to compensate.
Find all posts by this user
(02/06/2016 12:01)St Helens Rider Wrote:  It's actually being withdrawn on 24th July - details on VOSA thread. Definitely agree they have killed this service off. Wonder if Diamond Bus will increase the full route to every 30 minutes to compensate.

There was a President on that route on Saturday and I reported a few week ago that an eco Gemini was on there. Definitely a waste on a route that can only be described as dwindling.
MPD 892 is to be Withdrawn when the 715 comes off (24th July) Arriva have also lost the Oasis contract as the funding has been pulled

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
892 has picked up a fault thats not worth fixing so has therefore been Withdrawn from Service bringing an end to MPDs in Service here

Bolton are to lose their Hybrid Wright Geminis to Birkenhead and get Pulsars as replacements, First swap is 4497 for 3131

(17/08/2016 12:02)T42 PVM Wrote:  Bolton are to lose their Hybrid Wright Geminis to Birkenhead and get Pulsars as replacements, First swap is 4497 for 3131

Interesting, is there a reason for this as I thought the hybrids were bought specifically for the 10!
Maybe to have all the hybrids in one depot and would give birkenhead a standard decker as wasnt they suppose to be getting a couple of Enviro400
I think it was partially funded by the green bus fund if memory serves me right.
(17/08/2016 19:34)Dentonian Wrote:  Can someone remind me? Were these hybrids straightforward purchases by Arriva, or was there some public money (via TFGM) involved? If the latter, there is normally a guarantee that such buses would stay in Greater Manchester for five years.

Also, would it be too simplistic to assume that the Pulsars coming to Bolton will be 3126-35 (nearest age wise) plus a.n. other?

ta

The whole batch of 44 Volvo B5LHs were purchased with Green Bus Funding

I would have thought 3126-35 will be the only Pulsars that go to Bolton personally but it won't be long before we find out

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)