Current time: 03/05/2024, 03:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bolton Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot
The DLPs are not in great condition and have a Horrible Door Configuration now they are really poor Presidents in my opinion i would prefer a Gemini if i was GL hope the Presidents get scrapped tbh

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I would also say the Presidents are great Buses, Far better than the DLA's they replaced

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(27/06/2015 00:15)SLTRegular Wrote:  The DLPs are not in great condition and have a Horrible Door Configuration now they are really poor Presidents in my opinion i would prefer a Gemini if i was GL hope the Presidents get scrapped tbh

I think it's a really poor attitude to suggest scrapping the DLPs because of their door configuration - especially when they are shortly going to be available for transfer to another depot where they will be extremely beneficial to boosting the capacity on one or more of that depot's routes. Apart from that as well the oldest DLP (Bolton's 4171) is only 13 years old

We all have different opinions - however with the 14 DLPs being readily available for transfer within a month or so I think it's a very good opportunity for Arriva to convert another route on Merseyside to double deck operation. Either way I don't think it actually matters what type of double decker is used to address capacity issues - because at the end of the day it's a double decker and there's more chance that you'll get a seat on a DLP or any other double deck type in Arriva North West's fleet than a Pulsar. I also think that you will find it extremely difficult to find a single bus user who likes paying (whether it be a single fare or a monthly ticket) to stand up on the bus because all of the seats have been taken

I too disagree with the opinion that the DLPs are poor. The Wythenshawe allocated examples that I travelled on were comfortable with very good ride quality too
The Bolton ran Services are currently getting reviewed so expect to see further changes late Summer/Early Autumn

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
2232 X232 ANC is now here on loan from Bootle, Macc based 703 is on the pits but its only at Bolton for attention and still not see Service

(26/06/2015 20:58)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Over the Summer 14 of the 16 Plaxton Presidents are to leave Bolton as they will no longer be required, Not sure what Depot will get them tho

All guesswork but my feeling is Bolton's DLP's are most likely to move to either Winsford or a Welsh depot like Rhyl/Bangor especially to replace 4186-91 which are now 14 years old and coming towards the end of the usual 15 year old limit for schools. They could also become open toppers and be fairly modern replacements for the fleet based at Rhyl and some DLP's have been converted for this use by The Original London Tour.

The Merseyside depots could have them as stop gaps until newer vehicles arrive but I don't really see this happening being honest. Whatever happens interesting times for Arriva in Bolton and Greater Manchester more generally. I still see them having a presence on the 575 and 715. Maybe something will be agreed with First and Rotala about these and the other services being operated but I think SH will take over the 575/715 and the other routes being withdrawn being honest.

Out of interest is there a good spot to find the DLP's running on the school's in the Bolton area, do many of them run on the 10's to Eccles/Brookhouse. Also is 4178 running again? Thanks.
They will not become Open Toppers as thats what the DLA's are for, a few Schools start/finish by the Bus Station so that be your best bet, I can see them being a stop gap at a Depot thats expecting Deckers, maybe St Helens

Thanks for the info Bolton BB.
the 575 is fine how it currently is, Pulsar's cope well with the load and with a frequency of every 15 mins its a regular Service in my eyes, The 715 is a dying route for Arriva, a lot of the Passengers are using Diamond Bus because they have a 7 Day Service on there (eve/sun TFGM Supported) i can see Arriva withdrawing the 715 in the near future sadly

St helens would tale the 362/575 as for the 715 i doubt st helens would want that.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)