Current time: 02/05/2024, 15:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bolton Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot
Has anyone heard the announcements yet on either routes? I haven't managed to get any on yet even though I used to get 575 3 days a week.

Are the TFL announce made by exactly the same person as the automated announcements on larger rail stations (and some smaller stations) as well as Metrolink?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I've heard the announcement's as they work on Pulsar 2 2998 and they announce every bus stop but for some reason their not working yet on some of the other vehicles while its not ok for the passengers I know for a fact the drivers prefer driving the ones that it doesn't work on as despite what I originally thought there is no way to switch the auto announcements on or off
Thanks for the feedback VolvoB10M and M60lad. I know for people with sight problems, this would be of huge benefit if it's working. I know myself these days I can't get lost in London now with these announcements and it does open up a whole new arguement about access athough I think the deregulated market across the rest of the country makes this kind of system more difficult to implement. BTW apologies for going slightly off topic.
(15/08/2014 17:33)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Had my first taste of Sapphire today. Did the following:

2678 362 Wigan - Chorley. Everything working apart from the audio announcements and WIFI.

Stagecoach 155xx 125 Chorley - Bolton

2687 575 Bolton - Wigan. No audio announcements and screens were just saying Welcome every few minutes. I presume some problem with the GPS?

As a partially sighted person, i was really interested in the Audio announcements as the system works fine in London, so I was disappointed to find the system not working on either vehicle. So my overall verdict is that the refurb is very nice, comfortable seating but the other features need to be working properly.

Well i took my first trip on the Sapphire 575 a few weeks ago and luckily the first bus that I took towards Bolton had them on. They were certainly load and clear, which I thought was brilliant LOL Although one of the stops did repeat itself. However the bus back to Wigan had them off. I wonder if the drivers turn the announcements off if they find them annoying, Although if that's the case then they certainly shouldn't.
As I said there's no way the drivers can switch the announcements off, and despite what people are thinking their not a new thing as Arriva Yorkshire used to have them fitted and working to some of the Spectras that were allocated to 110 Leeds-Kettlethorpe/Hall Green service
2565 was noted in Wigan Bus Station on route 575 and Pulsar 2682 was on route 362.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(17/08/2014 06:36)M60lad Wrote:  As I said there's no way the drivers can switch the announcements off, and despite what people are thinking their not a new thing as Arriva Yorkshire used to have them fitted and working to some of the Spectras that were allocated to 110 Leeds-Kettlethorpe/Hall Green service

You can quite easily "turn them off" by fiddling with the ticket machine, a very very very easy thing to do Laugh 2
(27/08/2014 09:48)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  You can quite easily "turn them off" by fiddling with the ticket machine, a very very very easy thing to do Laugh 2

But then it makes a mockery of having the vehicles fitted with these announcements in the first place , if that is the case.
Do they have new ticket machine's or do they still have Wayfarer 200's? I went on one the other day and I could hardly hear the announcements, on the way back I got 2677 which is not Sapphire.
Saw 4184 near Leigh yesterday heading towards Bolton
ex repair St Helens ?

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)