Current time: 02/05/2024, 01:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bolton Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot
(11/03/2013 11:33)MPTE1955 Wrote:  The on-board cameras would tell the story wouldnt they, somebody will be in trouble if that is the case, probably best not to speculate at this stage.

The footage from the on-board cameras, would make interesting viewing.

As it was an head-on crash, surely both drivers should off been able to stop in time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Just seen a report on the crash on my phone from ITV news, 25 people involved and the first bus driver taken to hospital with a minor head injury, First Bus not a pretty sight but looks as though everybody involved was OK. The First bus involved was 60372, and looking like it may have carried its last passenger.
Considering the bus is probably under warranty I wonder whether anything will replace it on loan in the short term or however long its going to be away for as surely with the recent transfer of vehicles out of Bolton this will leave Bolton short of vehicles
Arriva not having much look with new buses are they, after the Pulsar in Chester too which still hasn't returned has it?
(11/03/2013 19:15)sumner Wrote:  Arriva not having much look with new buses are they, after the Pulsar in Chester too which still hasn't returned has it?

Plus 2 Pulsars from Yorkshire Having Crashes

i wouldn't count on this hybrid returning,it looks to have similer damage to a Wright Pulsar 2 That crashed in Wakefield a couple month ago (only difference is that the cab of pulsar had to be cut),being a double Decker might make it easier to repair or be able to take on more damage & be able to be repairable
Looks repairable to me looking from the photos, as its only the lower front end of the bus that's damaged, be interesting though what damage if any it has done to the chassis though, surely though if it is deemed to be unrepairable Arriva will have to have the bus replaced else they will be short of vehicles which is something they surely will be now.
so far 2 out the 11 hybrids down both in major need of repair, boltons 2454 still missing and 2474 VOR in bits, you then got 7621 thats remained in service due to the amount of VOR buses and last i heard 2800 was under repair for a slight knock to the right left

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2474 and 2800 are back on the road as of last wensday, both went out on the 715 but 2474 still does seem right.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
boltons extra land is now open, 3317 has gone back into service after being withdrawn twice now

bolton are due more JUA/FGN rubbish soon to see of the last step entrance deckers very soon

another thing is the winsfords MD is about to start here, theres a lot behind this move but its not something i want to post openly

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)