Current time: 26/06/2024, 14:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(06/07/2016 15:15)knutstransport Wrote:  Been discussed on another forum. It has that tune programmed in to prove the CIS is working before any routes have been programmed in but like everything else on the 319s the CIS are faulty (or the rail staff have been playing with them) so they are playing out that tune instead of making announcements.

Played it twice, once at Lime st and again at Huyton. Conductor came though our carrige asking who was for Edge Hill, Roby and Huyton. The second one I have a recording of and I'll post later on flickr.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/07/2016 16:23)RedPanda Wrote:  Played it twice, once at Lime st and again at Huyton. Conductor came though our carrige asking who was for Edge Hill, Roby and Huyton.

Did the conductor have to explain people for those stations would be transferred from Thomas to Bertie The Bus? Laugh
Find all posts by this user
(06/07/2016 17:54)knutstransport Wrote:  Did the conductor have to explain people for those stations would be transferred from Thomas to Bertie The Bus? Laugh

I don't think he did. I didn't hear or see anybody answering him in the carriage but one person did get off in the carriage I was in. 319361 was the train.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
A good friend of mine is a driver for Northern. A passenger, whilst on a 319 asked "when are the new trains arriving?".

"You're on one." He replied to her.
(06/07/2016 21:48)Train Man Wrote:  A good friend of mine is a driver for Northern. A passenger, whilst on a 319 asked "when are the new trains arriving?".

"You're on one." He replied to her.

Which of course wasn't a good answer as new CAF ones are due to arrive in 2018, even if they may not be used on the route she was on.

I recall in 2004 someone asked a TPE conductor when the new trains are coming - he said something like "when I see them."
Update:

From Yesterday, the 1716 Liverpool Lime Street-Blackpool North service has been cut to Preston according to realtimetrains. This new service is now running as a class 319.
(12/07/2016 10:17)boby32 Wrote:  Update:

From Yesterday, the 1716 Liverpool Lime Street-Blackpool North service has been cut to Preston according to realtimetrains. This new service is now running as a class 319.

Correct,all as a consequence of TPE losing some 170s.1716 departure still goes to Blackpool on a Saturday.
(12/07/2016 10:19)Gordon V Wrote:  Correct,all as a consequence of TPE losing some 170s.1716 departure still goes to Blackpool on a Saturday.

1) Is there a return journay from Preston (1716 departure labelled as 2N88)?

2) Will this new service to preston stays like that until december 2016?
(12/07/2016 11:36)boby32 Wrote:  1) Is there a return journay from Preston (1716 departure labelled as 2N88)?

2) Will this new service to preston stays like that until december 2016?

No return journey,the unit couples to the 1930 Preston to Lime St and it will remain as terminating at Preston for the foreseeable future.
(12/07/2016 10:19)Gordon V Wrote:  Correct,all as a consequence of TPE losing some 170s.1716 departure still goes to Blackpool on a Saturday.

Where will all 170s be cascaded to?
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)