Current time: 17/06/2024, 01:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington Coachways
RE: Warrington Coachways
(20/07/2014 21:24)Valandil Wrote:  TfGM is discussing the possibility of extending the 5 from Warburton to Altrincham.
No operator would be competing on this section during the day because there is currently no service at all between Altrincham and Warburton (or Lymm or Warrington) between about 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday.

I am surprised that the 33 is commercial, as I know that WBT used to get a considerable sum for their 29's to Collins Green.

I'm pretty sure this service still operates, allbeit under a tender. I regularaly see it pull up in the lay-by at Westbrook Asda when I'm travelling to work at around half 1 every weekday.

But on looking, neither Warrington BC, Traveline or Merseytravel has a timetable listed for it, but it does have a VOSA reg number of WARRINGTON COACHWAYS LTD - PC1031921/13., running from Collins Green to Warrington Interchange via Burtonwood and Westbrook. No details of anything else though unfortunately.

Pretty bad on everyones part there really, begs the question if the office in the bus station even has a timetable Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
They did have them when I went there last month.
It doesn't enter Merseyside so Merseytravel wouldn't mention it anyway.
Theres an Olympian on that 33 Service today... How they still have the contract is beyond me as for months nothing on that service has complied with the Contract (everything used on there is high floor)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(24/01/2015 10:28)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Theres an Olympian on that 33 Service today... How they still have the contract is beyond me as for months nothing on that service has complied with the Contract (everything used on there is high floor)

They get away with murder. Just look at how they ran the 37/38 in the final few months and the selection of totally unsuitable sheds (I mean vehicles) that they turned out on that not to mention the endless dropped journeys.

They may have changed their trading name/licence but clearly standards are just the same. I pity anyone who has to rely on their services.
The only good thing about Warrington Coachways I found were their drivers, their services mght not have been reliable but their drivers were always quite friendly and I even got to know a couple of the ones that used to do 37/38 quite regularly, makes me wonder what the 37/38 drivers are doing these days
Could this feed now be renamed Tanseys since thats now their Operating name?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Does anyone know if the Tanseys arm is still operating? Been quite some time since i last seen anything from their fleet, In fact the last time i saw one of their coaches it was refused onto a Rail Replacement contract due to its condition..

If anyone remembers Bert, the old guy with glasses that used to do the 37/38's for Bennetts...iv been told he passed away a few weeks ago. RIP.
Unfortunately, the owner of Tanseys has been jailed for driving while disqualified:
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news...ort=oldest

However, the company says that it will continue.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)