Current time: 17/06/2024, 01:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North East Independents
RE: North East Independents
Leven Valley currently have Dales & District Solo MX57CCE on loan after the sale of Enviro200 T13/6 GAJ to Santander and, as the purchase of further vehicles have yet to be completed, this is covering a vehicle shortage.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The Eden have purchased Plaxton Primo MX06AEA (new to Munro's) (Photo as an attachment @ Stu Grey)

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
New at Leven Valley is ex-Lothian SPD Y191CFS. (Photo @ Richard Smiles)

My Flickr
Updated regularly
(26/08/2013 18:57)kuyoyo Wrote:  New at Leven Valley is ex-Lothian SPD Y191CFS. (Photo @ Richard Smiles)

Thats interesting, the great little bus company now has a spd!
Find all posts by this user
(26/08/2013 22:16)riverside motors Wrote:  
(26/08/2013 18:57)kuyoyo Wrote:  New at Leven Valley is ex-Lothian SPD Y191CFS. (Photo @ Richard Smiles)

Thats interesting, the great little bus company now has a spd!

That's SPDs Wink

My Flickr
Updated regularly

Y191CFS has now entered service. Sister Y178CFS arrived yesterday afternoon, however the third example Y177CFS did not make the journey alongside Y178 due to mechanical issues and is to be collected at a future date.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Delivery of all 12 of Perryman's new Optare Versas for the recently-won 51/52/60/68 and Sunday 20 services is now complete with vehicles now in the process of receiving fleetnames and fleetnumbers.

Using a mix of my own sightings and photos posted on the internet the batch is as follows:

008 YA13AEB
009 YA13AEC
010 YA13AED
011 YA11AEE
012 YA13AEF
013 YA13AEG
014 YA13AEJ
015 YA13AEK
016 YA13AEL
017 YA13AEM
018 YA13AEN
019 YA13AEO

Seating capacity is B41F + 18 (008-011) or B41F + 21 (012-019); in both cases the seating capacity drops to B38F if a wheelchair is carried. 008-011 have Rescroft seating fitted with seatbelts whilst the remainder have Esteban Civic V3 seating.
Both types of seats feature leather trim.

Power is provided by Cummins iSBe engines rated at 201bhp. Mobitech front, rear and side displays are fitted together with an internal audio-visual next stop information system. Perryman's have informed me that the audio-visual displays are currently in the process of being fine-tuned before going live.

All 12 have legal lettering for the new Charlesfield depot at St Boswells, as four of the five recently-won services (20/51/52/68) operate wholly within Scotland a separate O-licence has had to be obtained for this base.

I have travelled on several of the new Versas so far and am very impressed by them. The audio-visual display seems to work well on the 60 route although when passing through Greenlaw the "next stop" and "welcome aboard" audio announcements have been made when the buses have yet to reach the main bus stop in the village, this will doubtless be put right soon.
Leven Valley currently have Dales & District Solo NT06GKA on loan while Y191CFS is off the road. NT06GKA was previously with Leven Valley as their T888EXG.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-B10M-Exc...1e80c80711
Rainbow selling off there small fleet, is the end nigh?
As of the 30th November, Leven Valley will cease to exist in its current guise. From the 1st December, it will now be know as Leven Valley Limited and will be based at Bowesfield Lane in Stockton as part of an amalgamation of the current Leven Valley and the bus operators of Compass Royston. The Coach Side will remain under the Compass Royston name and operator under the current management. The Bus Side will be headed by Paul Thompson, the current owner of Leven Valley. The current Leven Valley livery on the MPDs and two remaining Enviro200s will remain for now. No money has been involved in the deal but it does explain the recent loans from Dales & District.

My Flickr
Updated regularly

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)