Current time: 21/06/2024, 05:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington Coachways
RE: Warrington Coachways
The reason why their using a For Transit is due to the fact as Motormayhem has said the Alexander Sprint Merc is off the road and the usual driver of this vehicle has got a restrictive licence which means that their not allowed to drive anything bigger, believe you me I can tell you that said driver isn't too happy about the situation and is hoping to get their vehicle back or a replacement in asap as they said the other day
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It's rather unprofessional, I think they should prehaps invest in a spare bus and maybe train the certain driver to the correct skill level. Certainly doesn't give a good image using a transit. Ho hum, you gotta do what you gotta do as the saying goes!

To be fair buying a spare bus costs money. Most smaller operators struggle to make ends meet so as long as they are providing a vehicle to cover the service that is what matters...
(24/08/2013 20:57)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  To be fair buying a spare bus costs money. Most smaller operators struggle to make ends meet so as long as they are providing a vehicle to cover the service that is what matters...

I supose so. If I stand corrected there isn't anywhere you can rent a spare bus. Prehaps this could be a business opportunity?

(25/08/2013 07:47)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  
(24/08/2013 20:57)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  To be fair buying a spare bus costs money. Most smaller operators struggle to make ends meet so as long as they are providing a vehicle to cover the service that is what matters...

I supose so. If I stand corrected there isn't anywhere you can rent a spare bus. Prehaps this could be a business opportunity?

In a way isnt that what Dawsons Rentals do ?
I suppose to some extent yes, but there isn't a hell of a lot of competition out there.

There's no need for them to hire in vehicles, they have plenty already it's just that one if their drivers has a restricted licence so can only drive certain vehicles - too which they only have one in the fleet.

Surley it would have made more sense to allocate another full size bus to the service and use a driver with a full licence - problem solved.
Seems like a few new additions to there fleet as seen an ex stagecoach millenium heading into warrington.
A couple of things from VOSA:

PC1031921/9 - WARRINGTON COACHWAYS LTD, ATHLONE RD, WARRINGTON, WA2 8JJ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Warrington and Warrington given service number 37A/38 effective from 20-Jan-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PC1031921/11 - WARRINGTON COACHWAYS LTD, ATHLONE RD, WARRINGTON, WA2 8JJ
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Warrington Interchange and Warrington Interchange given service number 104 effective from 20-Jan-2014.
As I've said elsewhere the 104 being withdrawn is due to the fact that the driver that used to do it has retired and I have been told by a reliable friend of mine that it hasn't run at all recently

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)