Current time: 29/06/2024, 07:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wirral Transport Museum
Wirral Transport Museum
DVG487 was operating the 15 at new Brighton today. I was the only passenger for my journey - though there were a couple of people taking photos. It's probably going to be DFG38 tomorrow.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Wirral Transport Museum
So it's a Crosville weekend how over the bank holiday and weekends coming up
Birkenhead 93
Crosville ERG52
Wallasey 54

Do the day was the VR two man operated like all the Wirral Museums normal work and where does it terminate at Harrison Drive is it outside the flats or somewhere else
It was three man operated! The Harrison Drive terminus is at the deadend right at the end of the prom.
Ah not really a stop it would make sence stopping by the flats then coming back via Grove Rd this way the Elderly can get to Morrisons

And 3 man operated how does this work?
I guess it's aimed at tourists. As for 3 man, the same as 2 man, but with an extra body! There wasn't exactly a lot for anyone other than the driver to do.
Timetable from Merseytravel is listed below for the 15PR service.

http://merseytravel.gov.uk/pdf/tt_001/15...02012).pdf

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Strangely, today was my first ride on a Crosville VR in about 30 years. Never bothered with VRs at running days because they're "too new". Really enjoyed it. Thinking back my last ride on a VR was probably First WN Penzance to Helston in about 2005.
Strangely no service on 15 today - don't know why.
(03/06/2012 14:25)SNL 824 Wrote:  Strangely no service on 15 today - don't know why.

Yeah I waited an hour from 11:50 to 12:50 no sign so eventually rang Merseytravel who had no clue what the 15PR service was, so I played detective along with a group of other potential passengers to go and find the answer from the Transport Museum, their excuse was ... wait for it ... "It's not running because it's raining". I simply couldn't believe it!

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
To be honest that's no excuse if it rains if these buses run the Wirral Bus & Tram Show and other events in the rain why not this service

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)