Current time: 02/06/2024, 12:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Businesses going bust
RE: Businesses going bust
(30/06/2013 15:09)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Don't know, people who are on a really tight budget may choose to lose their home internet as it is another bill, plus not everybody has phones that are that good with their internet. Plus phone internet can be limited, with most companies offering 500G, if you don't have it at home you could easily use that amount well before the month is out. As for the job centres going to all on line, its just another way of getting rid of government employees.

Ever tried to fill an online benefit or HMRC form in using your phone?

Nightmare.Angry

When I worked in Runcorn we commissioned some independent research and results were that under 50% of households with school age children in most disadvantaged neighbourhoods had access to Internet at home. Of these, over 80% relied on soley on school or library for access.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
This isn't about a business going bust but that Greggs are closing 3 of there 12 bakeries with the loss of about 350 jobs , due to the move away from full bakeries to more a sort of food on the go product .
Looks like BHS could be the next company to go under...

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/14376205...0_million/

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/03/2016 23:49)T42 PVM Wrote:  Looks like BHS could be the next company to go under...

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/14376205...0_million/

They've already been through a pre-package administration, where a new company with the same owners buy the profitable part of the business.
The problem in the clothing retail business is the likes of Primark and Matalan are just drawing down the profit margins , so the businesses like M&S and BHS continue to see there bottom lines dwindle till they either become a takeover prospect or flounder and go under.
The good thing for M+S is the food section does well for them to which helps there profits stay slightly sustainable.
(23/03/2016 19:17)motormayhem1 Wrote:  The good thing for M+S is the food section does well for them to which helps there profits stay slightly sustainable.

It's interesting as M&S recently opened a new store in a small town near me which only sells food but has a huge selection and is always packed. I wonder why they don't concentrate on the food side altogether.
(25/03/2016 00:43)Mayneway Wrote:  It's interesting as M&S recently opened a new store in a small town near me which only sells food but has a huge selection and is always packed. I wonder why they don't concentrate on the food side altogether.
same as the one in prescot near me that only does food that is always packed along with there cafe inside.
(25/03/2016 12:48)motormayhem1 Wrote:  same as the one in prescot near me that only does food that is always packed along with there cafe inside.

They also opened a M&S Foods just before Christmas 2015 on the retail park at Bromborough.
(25/03/2016 18:19)wirralbus Wrote:  They also opened a M&S Foods just before Christmas 2015 on the retail park at Bromborough.

And I noted one only food in Heswall when I went through that part of the village the other week

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)