Current time: 02/06/2024, 10:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
Have all the new buses now got their correct fleet numbers on with the right reg
Find all posts by this user
unrefurbished cadet on N450s last night, looked like 2436

I am no longer active on this forum.
(21/04/2013 12:20)R874 ERE Wrote:  unrefurbished cadet on N450s last night, looked like 2436

Come off 487s, did one trip then got changed for 3005.
(20/04/2013 14:03)wirralbus Wrote:  Nobody in there right mind would send a hybrid up the M62 now would they ?

You may say that but they've already been used on service 420 which goes via the M53 to Liverpool from West Kirby which did around 55MPH according to my speedometer app on my phone. The tachographed Volvo B5LH's are indeed intended to be used on Private Hires in the near future so I've been told.

As for the Volvo B7TL's, I certainly can't see them being shifted to other depots anytime soon, like others have said their primary purpose is obviously service work but also for the Mersey Ferries contract.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Those B7TL Gemini's seem to get around a lot now they've been displaced, So far noted them on 418/9s, 403/13's 411's and 410's.
(21/04/2013 17:32)Marshall Capital SLF Wrote:  Those B7TL Gemini's seem to get around a lot now they've been displaced, So far noted them on 418/9s, 403/13's 411's and 410's.

Same with the remaining enviros. I've also noted the spare deckers on 409s and 492/5s.

some how i dont think any Arriva bus can go faster than 50mph never mind 55mph the fastest ive been on was a cadet on 411 yesterday it hit 45mph on East Float Birkenhead
The X1 Plate pulsars go faster than 55 Don't they?
(24/04/2013 20:19)Marshall Capital SLF Wrote:  The X1 Plate pulsars go faster than 55 Don't they?
Every Pulsar can reach 60-MPH - some faster than others, of course!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Afaik EU laws say all new buses should be limited to 100kph (62mph).

Most of the pulsars and enviros (even the bad ones) can reach 60mph, however the better ones can manage 62mph, but no faster as they are limited to 62mph.

The cadets are hit and miss,some of the worse examples will max out at 40-45mph, whereas the better ones will manage around 55-60mph.

The old palatines would do 55mph without kickdown, or foot to the floor the better ones could reach up to 65mph on a calm day with no wind. The slower palatines wouldnt make it past 50mph.

The darts wern't too bad once they got going, 7556 managed 55mph down plymyard avenue on a 118 (no doubt the driver was due to finish for the night!) and 7558 managed 60mph on a 487 that was late running between Neston and Thornton Hough.

Never been on a VLW flat out, but the DLAs usually managed 45-55 depending which one it was. The tridents arnt out long enough to find out the top speed, and the V-ENCs usually caught fire before reaching 40mph. The Myllenniums could usually do around 60, but only for short periods of time before overheating and catching fire Wink

The new hybrids are limited to around 50, however ive had them flat out ranging between 49mph and 54mph.

Think that just about covers it, of course some examples are much better than others, some are so slow theres little chance to reach top speed and ultimatly all the buses are different to their fleetmates, so all vary!

Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)