Current time: 05/10/2024, 22:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Maytree Travel - Bolton
RE: Maytree Travel - Bolton
(03/04/2013 21:40)M60lad Wrote:  I know that from reading their Facebook updates that currently at the moment virtually not a day goes by without them reporting a vehicle breakdown with them then explaining which service is affected, I'm just wondering whether TfGM have been taking an interest as most (but not all) of Maytree's work is tendered work

Like many people have said though it will be a shame for the drivers if they do go, although I've also heard and this might be hearsay that they might be problems with them paying the drivers as well but don't know how true this bit is

now i agree with this! to many of their buses break down on a regular basis

thing is now theres so much *roumors* floating around some of them are just plain daft, its said no one will insure them due to the amount of accidents they have had, again theres no need to talk about this as 99 percent of their routes are tenders and the 1 percent of routes that are not tendred dont need to be replaced, the emergancy tenders will be sorted out within a few days (like when supertravel of liverpool shut down) plus it looks bad on a company talking about this on an open forum as you never know they might get insured at last min, i just think people need to hold fire on this for now.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
There's a related article in Route One this week:

Maytree Uncertainty

Uncertainty surrounds the agreed takeover of Maytree Travel by not-for-profit organisation Manchester Community Transport (MCT).
MCT announced that it acquired Maytree on 1 March.
At the time MCT said: “The future of MCT and Maytree Travel is now a shared one, both for the organisations and our customers.”
However, this week MCT has surrendered a number of Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) local bus contracts operated by Maytree.
In a press statement, Michael Renshaw, TfGM Bus & Rail Director says: “Following discussions with Manchester Community Transport (MCT), we have today issued tender documents to secure prices for emergency contracts covering a number of services currently operated by Maytree Travel under contract with us.
“These tenders come in light of issues raised with us by MCT, which they are actively trying to resolve.
"The services involved provide important links for communities in Bolton and neighbouring areas and securing short-term emergency contracts would ensure they continue to run in the immediate future if MCT cannot address the situation. This would then give us the time required to work with other operators in Greater Manchester to secure long-term replacement contracts.”
Founded in 2007 Bolton- based Maytree Travel had been built on TfGM contracted services.
Its turnover increased to close to £3.3m with 80 staff and more than 30 buses.
Owner Gary Hawthorne is believed to be on a cruise and not available for comment, while nobody from MCT responded to route one’s calls.
MCT is set to introduce 10 Optare Solo SR hybrids this weekend. Part-funded by Green Bus Fund Three, the new buses will operate on 12 South Manchester routes under five year contracts awarded by TfGM.
Find all posts by this user
now thats a first, maytree handing tenders in, i do wonder when we find out what tenders have been handed in as if the 715 has i hope arriva get it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
News flash: just been informed by TfGM that all Maytree services have been cancelled for the rest of today.
maytree just lost hybrids according to an arriva bolton driver, apparently theres a lot of people outside the depot, and with no active movement on their facebook page this might be the end..

(04/04/2013 13:56)bolton bus basher Wrote:  maytree just lost hybrids according to an arriva bolton driver, apparently theres a lot of people outside the depot, and with no active movement on their facebook page this might be the end..
Is the rest of the fleet still leased from Mistral?
i think they own a few darts

They expanded too quickly in my opinion, we've seen it before with the likes of Supertravel.
well if whats been said is true and they could not get insured it will be down to the fact they had a lot of accidents and they have, shame really but another one bites the dust as one would say just hope drivers get another job soon as its not the best of times to be left unemployed

i was getting told by an arriva bolton driver they been asked to do lates and sundays but not confirmed on that so dont shoot me on it

Yes just heard it officially from a driver there they have gone bust

User(s) browsing this thread: 71 Guest(s)