Current time: 16/06/2024, 09:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wirral Bus & Tram Show
RE: Wirral Bus & Tram Show 2012
Can't believe FMs are moaning what buses turned up it' a BUS & TRAM SHOW, so expect everything from modern day buses to preserved buses to turn up.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It's a bus and tram show (not a preservation event), 3065, 4107 and 4469 are buses and were sent to "show" them off. Its up to them what they send and in what condition, aslong as its road worthy.

Its the negative comments on here that will stop attendence in future events, Arriva DO read this forum, as do the basic staff, some find it informative (the closet bus enthusiasts), others laugh at the petty arguements and lack of facts of some members postings
(10/10/2012 10:58)MTL0201 Wrote:  Can't believe FMs are moaning what buses turned up it' a BUS & TRAM SHOW, so expect everything from modern day buses to preserved buses to turn up.
We all have opinions. As I've said (if you've read through the thread), I didn't know what to expect as it was the first bus-related event that I've attended - I didn't understand about the main purpose of the event and I've apologised for that - but I won't apologise for having an opinion and most of what I've posted still stands.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Not a preservation event yet it's in the preservation section of the forum, maybe that's what confused some.
(10/10/2012 18:20)sumner Wrote:  Not a preservation event yet it's in the preservation section of the forum, maybe that's what confused some.
That added to it - I always thought that events like the Wirral Bus and Tram Show were about history and preservation, but I was wrong.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
In Pictures: Wirral Bus and Tram Show 2012

http://www.britishtramsonline.co.uk/news/?p=2014

Credit: British Trams Online.
I see some people out complaining about Arriva's entrants. Best bus for me had to be 5309 actually i drove it a few times on sunday great bus cant wait to see it with route branding.

CX54 Edit - Re-worded to comply with forum guidelines.
(10/10/2012 17:33)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  It's a bus and tram show (not a preservation event), 3065, 4107 and 4469 are buses and were sent to "show" them off. Its up to them what they send and in what condition, aslong as its road worthy.

Its the negative comments on here that will stop attendence in future events, Arriva DO read this forum, as do the basic staff, some find it informative (the closet bus enthusiasts), others laugh at the petty arguements and lack of facts of some members postings

It's only one FM moaning though, almost everyone else had a great day, shame the Arts Centre is closed think that could have eased the crowds a bit that were at the Museum.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Who decides at Arriva which vehicles would go to the Bus and Tram Show ?
(11/10/2012 11:32)wirralbus Wrote:  Who decides at Arriva which vehicles would go to the Bus and Tram Show ?

Any vehicle from most bus companies is sent with permission from the company Arriva, First & Stagecoach included, but the specific vehicle is entered by a Driver which more likely is going to be an enthusiast, the VDL DB300 was entered by the Merseyside Bus Club whereas the said Pulsar was sent as a subsitute for Merseybus Leyland Olympian 0031. An Arriva bus is better than no bus at all.

So any complaints take it up with the drivers who took unpaid work to bring these vehicles to the show, and not the company itself, at the end of the day they don't have to send anything at all.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)