Current time: 17/06/2024, 18:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West and Wales upcoming Fleet movements
RE: Arriva North West and Wales upcoming Fleet movements
4169 is at St Helens

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/02/2017 17:11)Dentonian Wrote:  I've lost track of which DLPs are still at WY, but note that 4165/6/9 and quite a few others are not down to leave the fleet (yet). Maybe, these will stay at WY, and/or others will move in at least in the short-term, or the whole exercise isn't due to be completed until the schools begin to wind down in July.

4161-66 are at Wythenshawe. However as I said earlier - the only ex London double deckers that are due to leave the Arriva North West fleet are those which were first registered before 01/01/2002 - so that's DLPs 4161-4/8 and 4181/2 (4167/71 have already gone) and VLWs 4200-6, 4208/9 and 4215 which are confirmed to be leaving. The rest of the ex London stock which is being released from Speke depot for internal cascade is already accounted for - but my point is if Wythenshawe's double deck PVR remains the same or increases then replacement double deckers will have be sourced from somewhere - most likely Arriva London
Find all posts by this user
(11/02/2017 19:58)gka472l Wrote:  Do we know how many Commanders are going from Speke to Birkenhead? to replace the Myllenniums......

Cheers!

The Myllenniums are being replaced by Pulsars from Green Lane week commencing 28th February
I thought the Green Lane Pulsars where going to St Helens and Southport with Birkenhead getting Commanders from Speke

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(13/02/2017 22:00)T42 PVM Wrote:  I thought the Green Lane Pulsars where going to St Helens and Southport with Birkenhead getting Commanders from Speke

They will be - there'll be another twelve SB200s available from Green Lane once the electric buses arrive on top of those that will be leaving in the next couple of weeks
(13/02/2017 13:45)steve517757 Wrote:  Some of the early mini Enviro200s, 57-reg will be available for cascade in the summer, though I understand there was no interest when they were looking to dispose of the 06-reg MPDs

The 06s are with Southern Counties they were with them before London merged a few garages but the very few 06 plated ones are with Southern Counties, the 54-55 plates are still left to go and no doubt they will stay near to London (Shires or Southern Counties) cant see any moving up here maybe the North East and Yorkshire Tiger but i doubt we will get any although would be nice! Smile

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(13/02/2017 23:12)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  The 06s are with Southern Counties they were with them before London merged a few garages but the very few 06 plated ones are with Southern Counties, the 54-55 plates are still left to go and no doubt they will stay near to London (Shires or Southern Counties) cant see any moving up here maybe the North East and Yorkshire Tiger but i doubt we will get any although would be nice! Smile

Surely ANW's ALX400/B7s are favourite for the school bus fleet?
(13/02/2017 23:46)Nickd7018 Wrote:  Surely ANW's ALX400/B7s are favourite for the school bus fleet?

Im not talking about School Buses? i'm talking about Arriva Londons PDL Class.

(14/02/2017 04:45)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Im not talking about School Buses? i'm talking about Arriva Londons PDL Class.

Remember PDL might not mean a lot to everyone outside London and its environs. It's very easy to get PDLs and DLPs mixed up, especially given how recently the topic was on the latter.

Unlike Crosville for example, you can't even base a guess on what order the letters come in - for example, there are different operators variously referring to the same type of bus as VWL, VLW or WVL!

For the record, PDLs are Dart/Pointers, whilst DLPs are DAF/Presidents. (I think...)
(14/02/2017 08:50)Quackdave Wrote:  Remember PDL might not mean a lot to everyone outside London and its environs. It's very easy to get PDLs and DLPs mixed up, especially given how recently the topic was on the latter.

Unlike Crosville for example, you can't even base a guess on what order the letters come in - for example, there are different operators variously referring to the same type of bus as VWL, VLW or WVL!

For the record, PDLs are Dart/Pointers, whilst DLPs are DAF/Presidents. (I think...)

PDL = Plaxton Dennis Lowfloor

DLP = DAF Lowfloor Plaxton

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)