Current time: 09/05/2024, 12:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cross River Night Buses
RE: Cross River Night Buses
(11/04/2015 10:27)Barney Wrote:  I totally agree. What I find a little annoying is the assumption that EVERYBODY who used the night bus services was totally paralytic and also likely to commit acts of violence and vandalism. This was not the case. Only on three occasions in ten years did I see such behaviour and on all three the culprits were apprehended. What I did see on many times were responsible adults who had exceeded the legal limit for driving - two pints - and were not prepared to risk driving over the limit.

Also, the night bus service was a god-send for my daughter who worked in a late bar in the city centre and was able to get home without having to spend three hours' pay getting a taxi home. Needless to say she packed in the job when the night buses were withdrawn. I wonder how many more people now avoid the city centre at weekends?

I find the night buses; Arriva's and the 500 to all be pleasant and found that they were no different to a 'normal' bus service. I've never witnessed anything untoward, if anything, the people who have had a drink are quite chatty and friendly!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Agreed, on all occasions I've use night services, they're mostly workers going home without forking out half their wage for a taxi.

Never once have I seen any drunks or people acting disorderly, a lovely atmosphere!

Only issue drunks cause is falling asleep and ending up back where they started!

I am no longer active on this forum.
Look at the crowds in this video, maybe Merseytravel need to hire this guy to ride around on the 500 to get passenger numbers back up..

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=975...permPage=1

..Although I guess the general consensus of there being no loony drunks on night buses would probably not last if this were the case!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)