Current time: 01/06/2024, 20:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
As I understand the B10L was a whole new chassis whereas the B10BLE was a mix of the B10B and B10L. I'm sure someone else could expand on this.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thanks for the info. Could any earlier B10L's have THD102KF engines like (L/M/N) reg B10M's rather than DH10A? I have seen some Olympians with a similar type but vertical.
(19/05/2014 20:11)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Thanks for the info. Could any earlier B10L's have THD102KF engines like (L/M/N) reg B10M's rather than DH10A? I have seen some Olympians with a similar type but vertical.

Vertical engined Olympians?
B10L is a completely different chassis to the B10BLE.

The B10BLE was a development of the B10B with a horizontal mounted engine (like the B10M, but with the engine at the rear). The B10L has more in common with the B6LE, and a horrible vertical mounted engine.

B10Ls were only powered by DH10As in this country; THD series engines would not have fitted. Some Olympians were indeed THD102KF engined, but the vast majority were Cummins or Volvo DH10A powered.
Jpt Plaxton Primo YX60 DWU spotted at top of Elm Road going onto Hollins Road still in Jpt colours anyone know why it is was there or where it was going?
(02/06/2014 15:29)acocker96 Wrote:  Jpt Plaxton Primo YX60 DWU spotted at top of Elm Road going onto Hollins Road still in Jpt colours anyone know why it is was there or where it was going?

A couple of the Primo's were deemed 'useable' a couple of weeks back and have been at Middleton depot so I presume given Stagecoach's shortage of vehicles there out earning their keep Smile
(02/06/2014 15:29)acocker96 Wrote:  Jpt Plaxton Primo YX60 DWU spotted at top of Elm Road going onto Hollins Road still in Jpt colours anyone know why it is was there or where it was going?

JPT did operate the Sunday evening service on the 78, so I imagine it'll be that.
Stagecoach to operate the Parklife shuttle services this weekend as JPT service. Should imagine all vehicles will be in JPT colours.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service...px?id=2044
(02/06/2014 21:38)SF07 Wrote:  JPT did operate the Sunday evening service on the 78, so I imagine it'll be that.
I live on the 78 route and strangely enough I think they only ever allocated a primo on once or twice in the 20 weeks they ran it. The buses I've seen on it were:
• Plaxton Primo Enterprise Plasma
• Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer and East Lancs Sprite
• Volvo B6LE Alexander ALX200
• Volvo Olympian NC Palatine 1 and 2
• Volvo B7TL Plaxton President
• Volvo B10L Wright Liberator
In comparison when Stagecoach ran it they put on darts, MAN's and optares (versa hybrids) and regular solos and the bus was always low floor never got why Jpt put deckers on a service which attracts sometimes only 3 passengers.
(04/06/2014 20:19)Dentonian Wrote:  The 78 contract stipulates low floor buses. Using Olympians was a breach of contract.

But JPT regularly used high floor vehicles on contracted services and were never knowingly penalised for it. The Northern Counties deckers were often used on Sunday 217/218's and nothing was done.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)