Current time: 03/05/2024, 14:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stotts of Oldham
RE: Stotts of Oldham
(26/01/2021 23:13)Mrboo Wrote:  Think if they did same today it would be easy dont even think First would give up a fight.
While I do fully agree with you, First has such a reputation of flooding competitors, people have stopped trying and now there is the opportunity where First would likely give up without a fight, everyone is too scared to try and jump on routes.

I think that, combined with MCR ops not wanting to expand commercially, is how this mess has happened with Oldham routes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I dont think anyone would flood a route now as any loss on paper with mean less if they look at Companies profits and losses if they do go for bus franchising. But I feel First want out but can`t sell Mumps due to being listed so anyone moving in on routes you may find they would allow it as don`t have drivers or buses without moving off other routes.
Like I keep mentioning the problems with Oldham are the fact that they've now got Metrolink line on their doorstep and also the Depot their still in is a listed building and does need allot of work carried out to it, I'm not to sure if it still does but I remember when I used to visit the depot regularly a number of years ago the roof used to leak in pretty bad in periods of heavy rain.
(28/01/2021 07:21)M60lad Wrote:  Like I keep mentioning the problems with Oldham are the fact that they've now got Metrolink line on their doorstep and also the Depot their still in is a listed building and does need allot of work carried out to it, I'm not to sure if it still does but I remember when I used to visit the depot regularly a number of years ago the roof used to leak in pretty bad in periods of heavy rain.
They have spent lots on the roof but most likely it will still leak if depot was not listed they would of just removed the roof. They got close to getting rid of the Depot to the Supermarket plan but they wanted First to remove the oil off the site.
Stotts
Anybody idea how many contracts stotts have lost.From what I have seen on here they could be up to 9 buses down[/size]

MOD EDIT - Can we please remember to use the Search Function to make sure a Feed does not exist before making a new one.
RE: Stotts
(10/03/2021 22:18)Michael Wrote:  Anybody idea how many contracts stotts have lost.From what I have seen on here they could be up to 9 buses down[/size]

MOD EDIT - Can we please remember to use the Search Function to make sure a Feed does not exist before making a new one.

Not as much as first thought. They retain most of the Ashton work Goodwins have actually gained the evening and Sunday contracts.
So 396/339 actually remain with Stotts, Goodwins doing the evening and Sunday services.
Likewise with the 335.

They have lost the 151 (2 buses) and the 129 (1 bus), and possibly the 94 although not confirmed.
(10/03/2021 22:42)Mayneway Wrote:  Not as much as first thought. They retain most of the Ashton work Goodwins have actually gained the evening and Sunday contracts.
So 396/339 actually remain with Stotts, Goodwins doing the evening and Sunday services.
Likewise with the 335.

They have lost the 151 (2 buses) and the 129 (1 bus), and possibly the 94 although not confirmed.

Cheers
(10/03/2021 22:46)Michael Wrote:  Cheers

Anybody any idea what stotts will do with there school bus fleet next year when the greater manchester clean air act comes in I believe its a £90 a day charge for non euro 6 vehicles
(27/04/2021 08:47)Michael Wrote:  Anybody any idea what stotts will do with there school bus fleet next year when the greater manchester clean air act comes in I believe its a £90 a day charge for non euro 6 vehicles

They will need replacing anyway as they will be to old for tenders.
Stotts have acquired 7 B9TL’s from Ensign. All are ex Lothian. Regs are:
SN08BWM / BWV / BWW / BWX / BWZ / BXA / BXB

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)