Current time: 06/05/2024, 03:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Arriva Decker Influx
RE: The Arriva Decker Influx
I think Winsford suffers because it's not in a PTE area and most of their routes don't go into the big cities. Same problem that Skelmersdale had thinking back to the 90's under British Bus, Skelm got new step entrance vehicles whereas Haydock depot (serving Wigan, St Helens, Warrington) a year previous got low floor Ultralows.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
This is where regional transport bodies could help the areas in between former PTE areas improve the service experience .

All the buses should though be built to the same specification be they London , Manchester or Liverpool , that way the prices of vehicles can be kept lower and probably the bigger bus companies could order more not less .
(09/11/2014 16:38)Barney Wrote:  I think it has been mentioned on another thread that Bootle depot buses are advertising 'New Buses for The New Year for the 52/52A'. I have no problem with any business promoting itself but why has Arriva used a Gemini 1 to do this when, as far as I know, the new double deckers will be ADL 400/40Ds? I know St Helens are due new deckers. Are they Geminis? Surely the manufacturer would want its own product to be displayed rather than that of a competitor. I accept that most of the travelling public could not distinguish a PD3 from a horse and cart so why not just display an image of an London RM?

The bus company owns the bus not the manufacturer so in fairness they can advertise what they like. After all it's am advertisement to show they are investing in new buses. It's not the manufacture advertising that they have won business (or not) for the said buses. I promote my business via my website should I be promoting the website developer instead?
(06/11/2014 12:02)R557 ABA Wrote:  This morning Arriva announced a £10 million investment in 53 brand new deckers for Merseyside.

Services 10, 10A, 10B and 52 are set to benefit from the investment.

More at The North West Bus Blog, http://www.tnwbb.co.uk/2014/11/new-year-new-buses.html

Now mentioned on the Arriva website. No new information that hasn't been mentioned already.

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-west/La...ring-2015/
Suprise suprise not!

Once again its always merseyside that get the investment & everywhere else has to suffer, why's it they get bulk of new vehicles/routes tarted up etc & places like wythenshawe or us poor sods in the sticks at winsford never get anything hardly???

Sorry for the moan but just seems we're treated as almost non existent by arriva.
It is probably down to profits, the more profit the greater the investment.
(12/11/2014 06:15)MPTE1955 Wrote:  It is probably down to profits, the more profit the greater the investment.
Almost certainly. It has been said that Speke is the most profitable depot in ANWW and this would be borne out by the investment over the years. The oldest buses on the depot now are the 54/05 ex Wales Commanders. Don't be surprised if these are replaced in a couple of years by further new double deckers.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(12/11/2014 07:58)childwallblues Wrote:  Almost certainly. It has been said that Speke is the most profitable depot in ANWW and this would be borne out by the investment over the years. The oldest buses on the depot now are the 54/05 ex Wales Commanders. Don't be surprised if these are replaced in a couple of years by further new double deckers.

Well there are the four VLWs which are a few years older than the Commanders at Speke but yes, it's generally a modern fleet now. I'd agree that further new double deckers are likely in the future, potentially for the 75.

It's also not as if Winsford and Macclesfield outstation haven't had investment, either - you've got the three Gemini 2s and the ten (initially eight) Solo SRs. With the Cadets and Centros which aren't particularly old as well as the B7TLs from Southport, it's a reasonably modern fleet now at Winsford which isn't bad for one of the smaller, more rural depots.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(12/11/2014 06:03)33109 Wrote:  Suprise suprise not!

Once again its always merseyside that get the investment & everywhere else has to suffer, why's it they get bulk of new vehicles/routes tarted up etc & places like wythenshawe or us poor sods in the sticks at winsford never get anything hardly???

Sorry for the moan but just seems we're treated as almost non existent by arriva.

yes we on Merseyside know how you feel when we look at our clapped out merseyrail units and see
all new stock going to the london area

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)