Current time: 11/05/2024, 14:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halifax bus scene
Halifax bus scene
We coming up to Halifax soon to have an afternoon's bus bash. I have done some research on fares and the Metro Day looks like the tickets of choice for multi-operator bus basher in town. I would like to ask forum members who have visited Halifax or who are local the following...

Are there any high floor buses still working in the area and if so on what services are they likely to drop?

What other old interesting buses work (Ie old Darts, Scania's and Volvo's, older deckers like ALX400's, anything due for imminent withdrawal) and once again what services are they likely to work on?

Is there a cafe nearby the bus station where we could get an English breakfast?

Are there toilets in the bus station?

Is there any cheap, preferably surface parking in the area?

Thanks in advance... Smile

ANW 2283

Previously marcus T

Darting across the NW and Midlands...Smile

Starting to put a moves book together...

http://www.ipernity.com/blog/bontybermo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Halifax bus scene
Halifax Still Have First Royales Mainly on School Services but also pop up on likes of 503,539,579 As well as the
large fleet of High Floor Buses Operating With TJ Walsh.First Halifax have also got the Only Dennis Dart in Yorkshire in the new livery even though its meant to be for withdrawn soon.Theres a Cafe & Toilets in the bus station.Most Streets Have Car Parking spaces & theres a multistory car park right next to the bus station,carnt help with prices though
RE: Halifax bus scene
(02/08/2013 21:43)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Halifax Still Have First Royales Mainly on School Services but also pop up on likes of 503,539,579 As well as the
large fleet of High Floor Buses Operating With TJ Walsh.First Halifax have also got the Only Dennis Dart in Yorkshire in the new livery even though its meant to be for withdrawn soon.Theres a Cafe & Toilets in the bus station.Most Streets Have Car Parking spaces & theres a multistory car park right next to the bus station,carnt help with prices though

Thanks for the information. I posted a bit too late to get a reply (my fault obviously). By the time I posted I didn't have time to check again. Regarding First's high floor deckers, we only saw one and this was a NC Olympian poking out of the shed. We got to sample a couple of TJ Walsh's wonderful minibuses 15 from Sowerby to Halifax and 25 from Halifax to Illingworth. The route up to Sowerby has a ridiculous incline, we were sitting at the front of 30865 and the bus was going at walking pace. i'm sure the driver sits at the same level as the seats at the back of the top deck as they climb the hill out of Sowerby Bridge! We only saw 2 Darts in service 41282 in the new livery and 41316 which according to the 2013 fleet book is unserviceable! Thanks again for taking the time to post the information. Next time I request any information I'lll try and get it on the forum at least a couple of days before I travel to give people a chance to answer!

Thanks again...

ANW 2283

Previously marcus T

Darting across the NW and Midlands...Smile

Starting to put a moves book together...

http://www.ipernity.com/blog/bontybermo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)