Current time: 17/05/2024, 11:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football
RE: Television Rights
Personally, I won't be seeing any BT Sport, as I don't have BT as my home phone/internet supplier and I am not willing to pay out anymore than I am already. BT overall are expensive and even if I got the sport seperately I would still be paying about £10 per month less than with BT. This may be a good thing for competition though, if BT ended up with more sports that I watch than SKY then that may make me think seriously about changing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Television Rights
I think this will affect the price of the surprisingly expensive sky sports. considering the amount of sports sky show and the sheer volume of filler they show they have done their very best to make me switch to Premier/BT for my sports rights i watch Setanta (complete with horrible irish commentary) and SKY for my football fix in the pub.

In other News Premier sports is free on Virgin Media until January 1st.

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
RE: 2013/14 Football Season
Match fixing in UK football has reared it's head again I see.

Several managers of lower league clubs have reported suspicions over past couple of seasons, but to date nothing. Seems like we may at last see the lid being lifted off this tin of worms.
Newcastle have beaten Manchester United for the first time in 41 years at Old Trafford , you have heard right 41 years .

There must now be some pressure being exerted on David Moyse now .
Silkmen have a Home tie in FA Cup against Sheffield Wednesday who haven' t won away yet this season.

The Owls have fantastic away support so will be a sell-out.

Fingers crossed picked as a TV game by ITV as well, rather than stuffing more money into the pockets of Premiershit cartel.
(08/12/2013 17:22)DVL418 Wrote:  Silkmen have a Home tie in FA Cup against Sheffield Wednesday who haven' t won away yet this season.

Fingers crossed picked as a TV game by ITV as well, rather than stuffing more money into the pockets of Premiershit cartel.

Isnt there usually about 4 lives matches a round , one will almost definitely be the North London Derby , that will be too juicy to not have on TV , but agree the Third Round is for the giant killers so i would want to see the other matches to have some of that FA Cup mystique in them .
(09/12/2013 06:39)wirralbus Wrote:  
(08/12/2013 17:22)DVL418 Wrote:  Silkmen have a Home tie in FA Cup against Sheffield Wednesday who haven' t won away yet this season.

Isnt there usually about 4 lives matches a round , one will almost definitely be the North London Derby , that will be too juicy to not have on TV , but agree the Third Round is for the giant killers so i would want to see the other matches to have some of that FA Cup mystique in them .

I think there will be 5 televised ties for the 3rd round. The Spurs v Arsenal tie has already been grabbed - first blood to the Premiershit Cartel.
So if Macclesfield ever made it to the "Premiershit" I take it you'd stop watching them and support a "real" football team?

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(10/12/2013 15:01)CX06 EBK Wrote:  So if Macclesfield ever made it to the "Premiershit" I take it you'd stop watching them and support a "real" football team?

The Premiershit Cartel have bullied and blackmailed their way to grabbing an ever increasing slice of the financial ' cake' year on year, to the long term harm of the grass roots game in this country.

Compare what the likes of La Liga and the Bundesleiga plough back into their domestic games to the pittance the Premiershit begrudgingly hands over, for a start.

Anyway, Whilst the current warped set-up persists there is bobbins chance of a club ever repeating a Wimbledon so your question is irrelevant.

The current set-up is also harming the national team in many considered opinions, but that is another debate for another time perhaps.
I'm not really bothered by all the politics and so forth, if all the stars aligned and they ended up in the Premier League, what would your opinion be? Many people support teams because they were from that city (which is true for a lot of red and blue fans on here I assume) and really couldn't care less about the bullcrap that goes on behind the curtain. The English National Team is vastly overrated by the home media anyway and are nowhere near the level of teams such as Spain, Italy, Germany and so on.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)