Current time: 28/04/2024, 00:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football
RE: Glasgow Rangers
At a meeting today twenty-five of the 30 SFL clubs voted in favour of placing the 'newco' team into the bottom tier of the Irn-Bru SFL.

However, it remains entirely possible that league reconstruction will be brought forward to parachute Rangers into Division One, despite the likelihood of that move prompting a furious backlash from supporters.

If this does not takes place, Rangers will face the likes of Elgin City, Berwick and East Stirlingshire next season and Scottish football with be an estimated £16 million poorer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
If this Rangers is as good as they say they are they shouldnt be out of the top flight for long should they ?
John Terry
Am I the only person who thinks that JT's verdict of Not Guilty(!!!!!) stinks to high heaven? I hope the FA get involved and ban him for 8 matches as they were fast enough with Suarez. If they don't, it will prove there are double standards, but I'm not holding my breath!!

Mal

Madder and white; probably the best livery in the world!
RE: John Terry
It may have been easier for the FA if he had been found guilty , any sanction now on Terry will probably be challenged in a court of law , yet again.
I firmly believe that it is Ferdinand who is chatting bull**** - both the Ferdinand brothers are pieces of work.
(13/07/2012 20:12)mbonwick Wrote:  I firmly believe that it is Ferdinand who is chatting bull**** - both the Ferdinand brothers are pieces of work.

Agreed, but the very fact that if JT had repeated what was (allegedly) said by Ferdinand, that would have been proof that Terry used abusive, racist language and was therefore Guilty.
As for his 'I'm not a racist because I help Africa' line..... did he get Monty Python to write that for him?!!!!! He's an idiot!

Mal

(13/07/2012 20:12)mbonwick Wrote:  I firmly believe that it is Ferdinand who is chatting bull**** - both the Ferdinand brothers are pieces of work.

I disagree, as did the magistrate - he didn't believe Terry's rather fanciful defence, and said so in his judgement but admitted that the evidence simply wasn't strong enough in a criminal case - clearly a 'green light' for any civil action.

Also, don't forget Ferdinand never lodged a formal complaint with police - police acted of their own accord. Ferdinand was merely a witness in the proceedings
(13/07/2012 16:00)wirralbus Wrote:  If this Rangers is as good as they say they are they shouldnt be out of the top flight for long should they ?

Less than a month from start of season and as of yet don't have a single player signed-up. Will be an interesting next four weeks.
I've just been watching an item on Newsnight about this case and one of the speakers said that Terry admitted in court that he had used abusive racist language to Ferdinand. If so, how could he have been found not guilty?

Mal

I'm sure there's a lot of part time footballers who will play for Rangers as well as many youngsters across Scotland if that's what Rangers need to do.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)