Current time: 11/05/2024, 16:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

City Sightseeing Tours
City Sightseeing Tours
Overseas City Sightseeing Tours throw up a variety of interesting vehicles. I've previously sampled them in Madrid and Guadelajara, and a couple of years back I was fortunate enough to find an ex-Crosville DOG in San Francisco, although I didn't see it when I was there again last month. However, I've found a real gem of a tour this weekend.

I'm on a layover in Toronto, so as I couldn't get to the NWVRT on Sunday I took the local City Sightseeing Tour. What I hadn't realised was that their opn toppers are all vintage UK vehicles.

Out on Sunday there were two Atlanteans and three Routematers. One of the atlanteans was late 1960s. probably ex-Bournemoth judging by the onboard notices. The second was probably early 70s dual door with grey seating with green, yellow, blue orange patches.

RM2210 was in pretty good condition as was one of the other two unidentifiable examples. Both were unrefurbished but with non AEC engines. The second however was seemingly held together biy the vinyl overall advert it displayed, for I think the Wizard of Oz.

Some of the semi-auto changes on the Atlanteans left a lot to be desired, but all the vehicles sounded good.

Anyone got any ideas regarding the identity of these vehicles?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)