Current time: 31/05/2024, 21:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MPTE Walrus Smart Card
RE: MPTE Walrus Smart Card
I have 1 of these cards myself and each timd I buy travel for the day the assistant who does the transaction always says to keep the paper ticket for proof in case the card gets a red light on the machines.

I can see the point of this because that paper ticket is the customers proof of travel purchase for that day, week or in the latest case a 4 weekly pass and the drivers do have the right to refuse travel if the ticket is not produced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/09/2015 12:30)Myllenium2453 Wrote:  I have 1 of these cards myself and each timd I buy travel for the day the assistant who does the transaction always says to keep the paper ticket for proof in case the card gets a red light on the machines.

I can see the point of this because that paper ticket is the customers proof of travel purchase for that day, week or in the latest case a 4 weekly pass and the drivers do have the right to refuse travel if the ticket is not produced.

As I posted earlier, my brother-in-law is not an aggressive person, despite being 6'2". In truth, it seems that the driver was the one looking for a confrontation. The correct procedure was followed but he was still ordered off the bus. I wonder how this situation would have been resolved if the police had been called to the scene? If it hasn't already happened, I'm sure it will soon unless Arriva gets its act together.
I agree a lot of drivers need to get their tempers in check and should look at a situation better than they currently do.

I had a driver kickoff at me once because I didn't have change and had to give a £5 note for my fare.

After he had his little rant and rave at me I turned round and said to him that he needed to calm down and learn to speak to passengers calmly and if he couldn't do that he snd any other driver who cannot keep their tempers in check should get out of the seat and leavr the job and make way for those who can be respectable.

After I got off the bus I rang the depot and informed them of what had happened and after giving details of which vehicle and route it was on they thanked me for the information and dealt with him as it turned out mine was not the only complaint.

I mean ok so he was pulled off driving permanently and given a different job but to me it serves him right.

Any driver who kicks off should either get out the seat permanently or leave the job. Thats my opinion anyway.
I got the new weekly ticket on my walrus rubbish yesterday and I have to say to merseytravel "It's a pile of JUNK ".

2 times yesterday on a 413 & a 410 I got the red light and the message "Product Expired" on the display. Each time the drivers had to fiddle with keys on the machine to get the machine to accept it.

It is clear to me that merseytravel have not thoroughly tested this, found any machine problems and then given companies the correct programming updates to enable the machines to accept these new tickets.

Even on a stagecoach 42 at 11:02 this morning I got red lighted and had to take it off and wait for the machine to reset itself before trying again. 2nd time it worked but it's clear there is a problem with these tickets.

Come on Merseytravel get it sorted.
(11/10/2015 15:27)Myllenium2453 Wrote:  I got the new weekly ticket on my walrus rubbish yesterday and I have to say to merseytravel "It's a pile of JUNK ".

2 times yesterday on a 413 & a 410 I got the red light and the message "Product Expired" on the display. Each time the drivers had to fiddle with keys on the machine to get the machine to accept it.

It is clear to me that merseytravel have not thoroughly tested this, found any machine problems and then given companies the correct programming updates to enable the machines to accept these new tickets.

Even on a stagecoach 42 at 11:02 this morning I got red lighted and had to take it off and wait for the machine to reset itself before trying again. 2nd time it worked but it's clear there is a problem with these tickets.

Come on Merseytravel get it sorted.

There is going to be teething problems as its only recently come out. If you keep hold of your reciept and show the driver it, if there is any problems, you will be fine. Sounds like a read error on the Stagecoach machine, you probably wasnt quick and sharp enough putting it on. Happens to drivers at least 15 times a day that haha awful card readers on them ERG machines. If you contact arriva with the fleet number of the bus, they should get it sorted. I report any problems i have with machines not accepting certain Walrus Solo products and they get sorted there and then. Stagecoach seem to have a bigger problem with them i must say.
This has been mentioned online a number of times recently as there has been reports of Arriva drivers kicking Passengers of even tho they have the reciet!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(11/10/2015 16:05)T42 PVM Wrote:  This has been mentioned online a number of times recently as there has been reports of Arriva drivers kicking Passengers of even tho they have the reciet!

Now i dont know about Arriva, but Stagecoachs ERG machines can print off a card report that states the date the card expires and the cards ID number which can be matched up to the receipt.
It sounds like the Stagecoach smart cards that are accepted on QBP's like Blacons and X2 and 1/2 etc... I work for Arriva and find stagecoach cards not working just red or expired but most keep ticket from stagecoach to say it's valid.

Possibly on Merseytravel smart cards could do same keep ticket of purchase to prove in date then drivers should not have issues
Hopefully it will be sorted this week from what i was told as merseytravel are updating the system as there system as not been working how they wanted it too
If you're having to carry round a flimsy receipt then you might as well just keep the paper tickets going. I don't understand why it is so difficult to get this system working.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)