Current time: 07/05/2024, 11:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dreamliners
RE: Dreamliners
(23/08/2013 04:33)507 mad Wrote:  Thomson Airways (Ex FCA) B763 G-PJLO has now left the fleet as B788 Dreamliner G-TUID has now entered the fleet although the intention was to retire LA + LO firstly earlier in the year. G-PJLO had been put into storage in july with G-TUID entering service recently on the 16.8.13. G-OOAN + G-PJLO are to be converted to freighter aircraft. All Ex FCA aircraft (G-DBLA, G-OOBK, G-OOBL + G-OOBM) will probably face the same future as AN + LO.

Thomson are starting freight operation?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
No there for Fedex

http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/ The new fleetlist site containing lots of new things

Currently the Macclesfield photographer for anything Arriva Macclesfield and Winsford, Arriva Wythenshawe, High Peaks, Aimees, Holmeswood, GHA and anything else I photograph

My blog http://maccbusspotter.blogspot.co.uk/
(25/08/2013 09:45)james solomon Wrote:  No there for Fedex

Arrr thanks mate.

Don't be surprised to see OOBK/BL/BM pass on for either further passenger service or go straight for scrap. They have weaker floors, meaning they can take less overall weight, so conversion for freight use would require that to be rectified at additional cost. In addition, they're newer than PJLO/DBLA/OOAN. The weak flooring on the aforementioned aircraft also caused issues when FCA originally refurbished their fleet with their new star class premium and economy cabins.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Japan Airlines (JAL) has said it has turned around two of its Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft during flights due to technical problems.

On one plane one of the two anti-ice systems, which prevent ice building-up around the engine, failed.

Meanwhile, an electric glitch rendered six toilets unusable on another flight.

Credit : BBC News Online .
I had my first flight on a 787 last night on BA92 YYZ-LHR - think it was G-ZBJG. Despite all the problems on launch' I have to say this is an awesome aircraft - unbelievably quiet and superb air quality and standard of fittings and lighting. Toilet doors may take a bit of getting used to though!
Bloomberg reports that whilst the 787 program is still making losses for Boeing, it will likely rollout sufficient units to reach breakeven point in 2015. Given the delays and early production problems, this will be a significant milestone for Boeing.
Latest Thomson 788, G-TUIG, l/n 260, had its first flight from Charleston on Monday. As did the first 788 for American Airlines this time from Paine.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)