Current time: 02/05/2024, 16:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Southern Trains
RE: Southern Trains
Sounds like the bells are tolling for this franchise ....

ASLEF have now announced that there drivers at Southern Railway have voted overwhelmingly to strike in a dispute over driver only trains.

This is on top of the on going dispute by the RMT and the guards also over driver only trains.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/11/2016 15:08)wirralbus Wrote:  Sounds like the bells are tolling for this franchise ....

ASLEF have now announced that there drivers at Southern Railway have voted overwhelmingly to strike in a dispute over driver only trains.

This is on top of the on going dispute by the RMT and the guards also over driver only trains.

The overtime ban is also affecting trains on non-strike days. This contributed to my decision to rule out a Brighton break straight after Christmas.
(28/11/2016 15:08)wirralbus Wrote:  Sounds like the bells are tolling for this franchise ....

I don't think anyone is in any doubt that the DfT had made it clear to Govia that if they "gave in" to the RMT it would be curtains.
;
Now the drivers have joined in I suspect they will be forced by their political masters to change their position and c**p on Govia.
This is now a case of will Trade Union Legislation be changed to force Southern's Striking Unions back to work and the negotiating table.

I can see this dragging on for ages.

The name Southern and Govia will be mud at the end of this.

Will Govia survive the strikes will soon be found out with the new London Midland Franchise , that pits Govia v Abellio .
377211 and 377209 have returned off leas to Southern. They are both currently at Stewarts Lane Depot for servicing before entering service.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
377501-08 have transferred to South East Trains

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Seems like Southern trains are now taking ASLEF to the Supreme Court.

I do think that Industrial Relations at this company has hit the bottom so far that the only way out of this now is if the company ends up in the hands of DOR and someone steps back from the edge of the cliff.
That's not going to happen unless Go-Ahead decides that it isn't worth the reputational damage and chuck it in.
Go Ahead and there partner in the franchise must be thinking now that is this TSGN franchise worth the hassle.

I think because the franchise owners name is Govia it is deflecting some of the reputational risk away from the main Go-Ahead brands at the moment , but that will not last for long if the industrial action continues on.

This strike with the RMT and Aslef looks like its hit an impasse , at this rate the Southern Franchise will be worth buttons at the end of this .
New RMT offer on Southern is rejected

https://www.railnews.co.uk/news/2017/07/...thern.html

Credit: Rail News.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)