Current time: 18/05/2024, 09:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bring Back The 620 St Helens to Bolton Arriva Service
RE: Bring Back The 620 St Helens to Bolton Arriva Service
thats why i could see the 620 work if it went back to going to bolton and advertise it and i think it would take some passengers off first between platt bridge and bolton.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/10/2012 16:48)motormayhem Wrote:  thats why i could see the 620 work if it went back to going to bolton and advertise it and i think it would take some passengers off first between platt bridge and bolton.

Whilst I'am not going to come on here and talk about bus war's an all that. It would be interesting to see how it affected First's 582 in the Atherton Area, it could also take some passengers off that one.

The fares the operator's have will always be an issue, but whatever happens, its going to come in below First as they are the most expensive charging over £4 for a day ticket but arriva coming in below £3.

Interesting possiblities for Platt Bridge and Wigan

And Bolton and Atherton for some revenue/passengers.

Despite the + - there are some interesting points on this
(11/10/2012 00:41)Damien Wrote:  
(10/10/2012 16:48)motormayhem Wrote:  thats why i could see the 620 work if it went back to going to bolton and advertise it and i think it would take some passengers off first between platt bridge and bolton.

Whilst I'am not going to come on here and talk about bus war's an all that. It would be interesting to see how it affected First's 582 in the Atherton Area, it could also take some passengers off that one.

The fares the operator's have will always be an issue, but whatever happens, its going to come in below First as they are the most expensive charging over £4 for a day ticket but arriva coming in below £3.

well like i say passenger numbers have risen on both 320 between wigan-platt bridge and on the 34 between lane head-leigh due to the fare difference between arriva and first.
On the 34 if its parked up in leigh at the same time as the 600 majority of the passengers that depart the bus between leigh and lane head tend to catch us if they know the fare is only £2 whereas like st helens rider stated first charge £3.10,so if arriva done the same on the 620 i think they could make revenue if it got advertised proper in the areas it served between platt bridge and bolton.
(11/10/2012 00:41)Damien Wrote:  

well like i say passenger numbers have risen on both 320 between wigan-platt bridge and on the 34 between lane head-leigh due to the fare difference between arriva and first.
On the 34 if its parked up in leigh at the same time as the 600 majority of the passengers that depart the bus between leigh and lane head tend to catch us if they know the fare is only £2 whereas like st helens rider stated first charge £3.10,so if arriva done the same on the 620 i think they could make revenue if it got advertised proper in the areas it served between platt bridge and bolton.
I'm getting sick to death of FMs demanding routes left right & centre[although i don't mind FMs suggesting routes which is different from demanding them], & i don't care whether it was a good route or not big groups like Arriva will only operate routes if they make a profit, you might get an Independent operating a route like the Imperia 39, but that's up to the Independent operator not any FMs on any forum. Don't care if you like the tone of my post or not but that's the reality & i'm not signing the petition which itself is a complete waste of time.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(11/10/2012 10:42)MTL0201 Wrote:  I'm getting sick to death of FMs demanding routes left right & centre[although i don't mind FMs suggesting routes which is different from demanding them], & i don't care whether it was a good route or not big groups like Arriva will only operate routes if they make a profit, you might get an Independent operating a route like the Imperia 39, but that's up to the Independent operator not any FMs on any forum. Don't care if you like the tone of my post or not but that's the reality & i'm not signing the petition which itself is a complete waste of time.

Couldnt agree more.
The petition seems, to be attracting a wider audience from mid route, the Hindley Area, we are hopeful that we can spread the word, and the benefits of bus travel to and from Bolton.
I would love to know just how many of the 40 people who have signed the petition would actually use the service.

I'm sorry but this is completely the wrong way to go about getting a service back. Just because it worked in 2005, doesn't mean it has any hope of working now.
Is it 7 years since the service last operated , i would reckon that all the passengers that previously used this service have either got cars or find a different way now , no amount of pressure on arriva will work now unless a lot of press power could be used and that i can not see happening .
It isn't 7 years since the service last operated, it's 7 years since Arriva bought Blue Bus, the 620 lived on beyond that.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)