Current time: 05/05/2024, 08:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wirral Bus & Tram Show
RE: Wirral Bus & Tram Show 2012
I went to the Wirral Bus and Tram Show (the first bus-related event that I've been to) and I really enjoyed it! The PeoplesBus ALX400, LV52 HHC, in the company's new livery was the star of the show, in my opinion. Fantastic-looking Ultralow P309 HEM (5309) was a surprise - credit to the person who decided that it should have been parked next to Endurance N592 CKA (6592) because it was an excellent photo opportunity! I didn't ride on as much as I'd hoped to have rode on - I did ride on a well-presented tram and "Wallasey 1", which were interesting vehicles.

I wasn't happy with what Arriva buses were there... Pulsar 2 MX61 AWV (3065), out of everything that Green Lane could have sent on a Sunday, was a disappointing choice and, again, Speke's delivery, scruffy-looking Gemini 2 MX61 AXK (4469), was disappointing. Southport's choice of 375/385-branded ALX400 CX55 EAW (4107) was nice, however, again, something like a redundant-for-the-day SPD would have meant more to us, as enthusiasts. Also, space inside the main area was a big tight (I'm already in a lot of photos...!), so it was hard to take photos when the yard was nearly full (didn't help when one or two certain children were getting in the way of many photographers and shouting things like, "This bus is rubbish" by their owners - very disrespectful, even if we are entitled to our opinions).

Still, staff were pleasant in the museum and around the yards and there were a lot of happy and friendly faces around - a great day, altogether! Thanks to the organisers for organising an enjoyable day. I took a lot of photos but I've only uploaded a few of the nicer ones (and others taken yesterday) - http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...068275324/

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Be seeing a lot more pics of 6592 and 5309 together as they are once again Fleetmates within the NWVRT.
As Tom has already said 201 Group will be moving into NWVRTs depot for the forseeable future which the NWVRT Members are Thoroughly pleased about
(08/10/2012 22:28)J654UHN Wrote:  Be seeing a lot more pics of 6592 and 5309 together as they are once again Fleetmates within the NWVRT.
As Tom has already said 201 Group will be moving into NWVRTs depot for the forseeable future which the NWVRT Members are Thoroughly pleased about

What happened to the premises at Hooton?
Find all posts by this user
(08/10/2012 17:03)P450 SWX Wrote:  
(08/10/2012 11:25)gka472l Wrote:  
(08/10/2012 10:07)P450 SWX Wrote:  I had a great day nice selection of buses did not get a chance to look around taylor street however Sad
I was there with MTT I had the pleasure of guarding VKB 900(A267) on A number 1 to New Brighton and back and a dock tour, followed by guading MUA 45P(2160) for a trip to New Brighton and a dock trip where i did one trip to seacombe and back guarding the panther.

well done to 201 Bus Group and everyone involved in the day noice to see N301 CKB(0301), B200 DTU(EOG 200) and all the Atlanteans

Ah I'm sure I know who you are then! I was on 2160 & 1054! I was the one who gave all my change when getting off 2160....and had no more when I got off 1054!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/806...hotostream

where you on the intresting trip to new brighton on MUA45P???

I certainly was, we spoke briefly, you mentioned about the route being your idea! I would say it was quite appropriate given that Seaview Road had a couple of 2156-60 back in MPTE days after 331/2 went and they would have done similar sort of routes around Wallasey!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(08/10/2012 15:59)R557 ABA Wrote:  
(08/10/2012 15:55)MTL0201 Wrote:  Got to say Wallasey 1 needs a re-paint, been looking scruffy for a whilst.

And indeed it will be re-painted in time for our Wallasey running day next year, we're just waiting to move it to the NWVRT's depot with Birkenhead 10 where work will begin presumably early next year.

How many of 201 groups buses are moving to the NWVRT base and which ones? will be great to see liverpool and birkenhead/wallasey buses together!
gka472l - That did indeed to a intresting route
where you the person who went back with us that said you had not been down some of those roads in years - I was going to take it around vale park but did not know how tight it would be on a sunday haha its like 1054 we decided to circle the park on the return just so the enthusiasts got a extra ride on sunch a intresting bus
Wallasey 1 and Birkenhead 10 are moving in with NWVRT. This is just because it is a better option for the 201 and gives them enhanced facilities to continue the preservation of their fine vehicles. It will also allow them to continue work on Wallasey 1 which as many of you know after this weekend, it is due for a repaint.
1070 will remain at Hooton for the time being purely because it is easy to get to, to take out to rallies and such like.
However the 201 will continue to remain as a separate group, and this arrangement is just an example of how 2 groups with the same aims can work together to assist eachother.

RIP 96 - YNWA
(09/10/2012 07:58)P450 SWX Wrote:  gka472l - That did indeed to a intresting route
where you the person who went back with us that said you had not been down some of those roads in years - I was going to take it around vale park but did not know how tight it would be on a sunday haha its like 1054 we decided to circle the park on the return just so the enthusiasts got a extra ride on sunch a intresting bus

No, that wasn't me, I'm in Wallasey fairly regularly. Really enjoyed the trips on 2160 & 1054, not been on a Panther since about 1980 (I would have been 6/7!) so seeing it ready to go when I got off 2160 was too good an opportunity to miss!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(08/10/2012 20:47)MTL0201 Wrote:  That's good to hear. Have to make the Wallasey Running day, any date been set for that, or too early yet?

Sadly it's too early to put a set date on the event, but all I can reveal at this time is there will be a nice selection of vehicles to ride on the day.

(08/10/2012 23:02)SNL 824 Wrote:  What happened to the premises at Hooton?

We can't really disclose this information, only that we're moving two buses (Wallasey 1 and Birkenhead 10) out from Hooton around November/December like Danny said, the NWVRT premises offer a greater range of facilities at a better price, offering both organisations a better deal in the long run.

1070 will however remain at Hooton Airodrome for the benifit of the 201 Bus Group members to travel to rallies, events and such like, and will be swapped with one of the buses that will be based at the NWVRT's depot for essential repairs and so on if the need arise.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
(09/10/2012 09:16)gka472l Wrote:  
(09/10/2012 07:58)P450 SWX Wrote:  gka472l - That did indeed to a intresting route

No, that wasn't me, I'm in Wallasey fairly regularly. Really enjoyed the trips on 2160 & 1054, not been on a Panther since about 1980 (I would have been 6/7!) so seeing it ready to go when I got off 2160 was too good an opportunity to miss!

sorry then prob did briefly talk to youwhen people where getting pics at the dips of the LHs

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)