Current time: 04/05/2024, 23:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Economy
RE: The Economy (aka George, it isn't working!)
(23/09/2012 12:54)gilesbus1 Wrote:  As i've said there will be no changes to the ecconomy until Millionarire business owners are made to take responsibility for there gready selfrish actions.

When do you think they will take responsibility for there actions .

To date the two party leaders that have taken to the conference platform Clegg and Miliband , its Clegg I actually seem to trust , to me it seems the trade unions have Miliband bound up .

Being honest dont see Cameron being able to upstage either of the other two .

Clegg just arrived at the wrong time for the Liberal Democrats.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Clegg and Lib Dems (or as some people call fib dems) I see as a human shield for the Tories. Really disappointed with Labour, as they have the opportunity to regain support from the Northern working class heartlands but appear to be quite happy with a middle class agenda - Nothing wrong with the Trade Unions, as they represent a good proportion of the electorate. I do wonder why the Unions bother funding Labour at times given that they either do very little for them or even denounces some of their actions. I see Labour as a very weak opposition. They should be shouting from rooftops about the coalition's actions/cuts but instead all we get a cuts lite rhetoric.
I think Ed Balls would do a better job of the Labour Party , but he is an abrasive sort of person , would have Cameron in a tizzy.
(03/10/2012 20:40)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Clegg and Lib Dems (or as some people call fib dems) I see as a human shield for the Tories. Really disappointed with Labour, as they have the opportunity to regain support from the Northern working class heartlands but appear to be quite happy with a middle class agenda - Nothing wrong with the Trade Unions, as they represent a good proportion of the electorate. I do wonder why the Unions bother funding Labour at times given that they either do very little for them or even denounces some of their actions. I see Labour as a very weak opposition. They should be shouting from rooftops about the coalition's actions/cuts but instead all we get a cuts lite rhetoric.

THe unions wont ditch Labour as need a voice (albeit mnuted these days) in Parliament.

Another point is that about 80% of voters that pollsters classify as 'middle income' vote in General Elections. For lower income voters it is rarely higher than 50% that can be bothered.

This difference can be significant in many of the circa 100 seats where there is a realistic chance of changing hands at a General Election. Thus the focus on them, and the middle income groups of voters, by the three main parties.

Therefore, you will see little activity in constituencies like Halton (Widnes + a bit of Runcorn) which is a rock solid safe Labour seat, but there will be lots of attention on Weaver Vale (rest of Runcorn, north Cheshire & Northwich) at the next General Election as it is a marginal just won by Tories last time.
So it seems that the 2015 Election will be held with the parliamentary seats as they are now .

The 2020 Election will be held with some completely redesigned seats . Wirral South , Wirral West , Ellesmere Port and Neston and Halton are a few of seats that look likely for a tinker.
The Chief Secretary to the Treasury has written to the new BBC director general over the tax arrangements of thousands of members of staff at the corporation.
(05/10/2012 21:09)wirralbus Wrote:  The Chief Secretary to the Treasury has written to the new BBC director general over the tax arrangements of thousands of members of staff at the corporation.

I read today that the '000's' figure relates to one-off appearance fees in the majority of cases, rather than full time BBC staffers.

Anyway, will he also be writing to the city spivs that fund the Tory party about their tax efficient 'avoidance' arrangements though?
I doubt he will be doing a long and hard look at the party funders tax avoidance schemes , you dont really bite the hand that feeds you .
(06/10/2012 00:07)wirralbus Wrote:  I doubt he will be doing a long and hard look at the party funders tax avoidance schemes , you dont really bite the hand that feeds you .

No, none of them want to change the cosy arrangements where party funders are 'looked after' in return - what price a peerage or knighthood?
RE: The Economy
I read Gideon tried to sneak into 1st class with a standard class ticket on a Virgin train to London on Friday and the train manager had the courage to face him down.

Gideon, like royalty and toffs doesn't carry cash or credit/debit cards, so one of his flunkies had to pay up.

Bob Crow will be proud of his comrade!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)