Current time: 15/05/2024, 19:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(04/02/2015 19:11)VolvoB10M Wrote:  20213 is already in Wigan with 20216, 20261 & 28711 but not with Stagecoach
https://flic.kr/p/jHH4Zs
Is this what you mean?

27206 - 20212 are Plaxton Verde/Dennis Lance (L reg).

i mean the new one not old like above the flickr picture, pal. Someone mean the new bus is 27 series enviro 300 coming to wigan.

Martyn
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Does anyone know when and what vehicles will replace 20982/3 at ST? I imagine they'll finish at the start of the School summer holidays. Can someone remind me again why ther outed they operate are not suitable for LFSD vehicles as I think this reason was quoted at the time of their reinstatement.

Thanks
John
(05/02/2015 15:54)stait.john@hotmail.co.uk Wrote:  Does anyone know when and what vehicles will replace 20982/3 at ST? I imagine they'll finish at the start of the School summer holidays. Can someone remind me again why ther outed they operate are not suitable for LFSD vehicles as I think this reason was quoted at the time of their reinstatement.

Thanks
John

The first one was reinstated to operate the 700 Bluecoat school service which (I think) goes over the narrow bridge in Broadbottom. There was capacity issues with using a Enviro200 an anything else wouldn't cross the bridge. The second B10M was originally reinstated as a spare but often apears on other ST schools.

I'm not sure what could be used instead. Speedwell (who had the contract before Stagecoach) used to throw anything onto it including Vario's and Olympians and of course AZ used to operate another school service that crossed the bridge and they used one of the short Magic Olympians, 16090, which managed the bridge quite well.

Perhaps the contract is up for renewal and Stagecoach dosen't intend re-tendering for it.
I spotted one of the B10Ms today in Glossop and despite their age they look and sound very healthy.
(05/02/2015 18:48)Mayneway Wrote:  The first one was reinstated to operate the 700 Bluecoat school service which (I think) goes over the narrow bridge in Broadbottom. There was capacity issues with using a Enviro200 an anything else wouldn't cross the bridge. The second B10M was originally reinstated as a spare but often apears on other ST schools.

I'm not sure what could be used instead. Speedwell (who had the contract before Stagecoach) used to throw anything onto it including Vario's and Olympians and of course AZ used to operate another school service that crossed the bridge and they used one of the short Magic Olympians, 16090, which managed the bridge quite well.

Perhaps the contract is up for renewal and Stagecoach dosen't intend re-tendering for it.
I spotted one of the B10Ms today in Glossop and despite their age they look and sound very healthy.
'Looking and sounding very healthy despite their age' has been shown in the past few weeks to have no relevance in avoiding the scrap yard for some buses.
(05/02/2015 19:07)gilbert Wrote:  'Looking and sounding very healthy despite their age' has been shown in the past few weeks to have no relevance in avoiding the scrap yard for some buses.

Well yes good point Smile the B10Ms were always good workhorses though I think the only thing against them was the fact they were high floor.
(05/02/2015 19:07)gilbert Wrote:  'Looking and sounding very healthy despite their age' has been shown in the past few weeks to have no relevance in avoiding the scrap yard for some buses.

Don't PVS/Geoff Ripley tend to sell them on sometimes if they are in good enough condition? (except special contracts)
(05/02/2015 19:22)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Don't PVS/Geoff Ripley tend to sell them on sometimes if they are in good enough condition? (except special contracts)

That's somthing that I've always wondered. If Stagecoach sell a bus to PVS for scrap do PVS have to scrap it or can they sell it on for further PSV use? Obviously they have only paid the scrap value for it so I doubt it but I'd be interested to know how it works.

A number of vehicles from another Stagecoach group ended up at ripleys, presumed for scrap but were sold on for further use - several seeing service with Smiths of Marple still in Stagecoach livery.
Here's the answer.
http://www.geoff-ripleysbuscoachsales.com/sales.html
I would've thought a short Trident MAY fit over Broadbottom bridge (a TAS type ex-London) though they are a few inches wider than an Olympian/B10M.
(05/02/2015 19:58)stait.john@hotmail.co.uk Wrote:  I would've thought a short Trident MAY fit over Broadbottom bridge (a TAS type ex-London) though they are a few inches wider than an Olympian/B10M.

Are they much shorter than the older Manchester examples? I'm sure they tried a Trident when they took over the Longendale school service several years ago and ended up using the ex Maynes Scania's then the Bullocks Palatine Olympian and then finally 16090.

For some reason Stagecoach have always used a single decker on the 700 but I'm sure it dosen't go under a low bridge as like I said Speedwell often used there deckers on it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)