Current time: 17/05/2024, 10:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(11/02/2014 21:29)mbonwick Wrote:  Stagecoach would not be running the tender if they were losing money on it.

TfGM have crunched the numbers and decided it cannot justify the subsidy so are cancelling it. It is their money going down the drain, not Stagecoach's.

True, never thought about that.

Tfgm shouldn't tender 113 on wigan area. TFGm need think twice about it before tender on 113.

Martyn
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
At the point when the Sunday tender for 113 was let it was considered worthwhile and necessary.
However, things change and with a decline in usage it is no longer worthwhile. Hence why it is now being withdrawn and replaced with an alternative route.
(10/02/2014 14:39)mbonwick Wrote:  Was supposed to be 19069 going to South West! Unless the Trident is additional to that, I know Wigan were expecting some Enviro400s for schools.

According to the fleet list, 19069 went to South West weeks ago. I haven't seen it for a while so I'm presuming it did go, unless it broke down en-route, as has happened before. It did belong to the Sharston depot, so if Wigan are expecting Enviro400's, it seems some or all of the tridents are going anyway.
(10/02/2014 20:05)Scania1996 Wrote:  
(10/02/2014 14:17)Scania3379man Wrote:  
(10/02/2014 09:20)Scania1996 Wrote:  A 56 plate Enviro400 has arrived at Wigan releasing an S-BWC Tridents back down south 17003 has already had it's ticket machine removed and is being prepared

Forgive me, scania1996...the trident must go back south devon correct? any idea why? thank you

Martyn
I've no idea why Martin, I'm not certain that they're going back to Devon but definitely down south. An 08 plate Enviro400 with a Grand National rear advert has also arrived, I'll get the fleet numbers tomorrow.

Scania1996, did you manage to get the fleet numbers of the new arrivals at Wigan? Thanks.
(11/02/2014 23:09)ace Wrote:  
(10/02/2014 20:05)Scania1996 Wrote:  
(10/02/2014 14:17)Scania3379man Wrote:  Forgive me, scania1996...the trident must go back south devon correct? any idea why? thank you

Martyn
I've no idea why Martin, I'm not certain that they're going back to Devon but definitely down south. An 08 plate Enviro400 with a Grand National rear advert has also arrived, I'll get the fleet numbers tomorrow.

Scania1996, did you manage to get the fleet numbers of the new arrivals at Wigan? Thanks.

19069 and 19339, your very welcome
Not to sure which ones but apparently a couple of Enviro 400s were sent down to London yesterday to help out with the upcoming tube strike yesterday, apparently a number of buses from different Stagecoach divisions were meant to be going down as well, the only thing being though is that from what I later heard the strike was actually called off, I would say it was a waste of time sending them down but they weren't to know the strike would be called off at such short notice.
Temporary changes to 168 and 169 service's coming up shortly will them taking a diversion route into and eventually out of Ashton Bus Station from 1/3/14 due to major bridgeworks at the end of Oldham Road in connection with Electrification works on the railway from Manchester-Leeds.

The diversion route will take them via Wilshaw Lane, Broadoak Road and Henrietta Street, not to sure whether they'll be any timetable changes to take in the diversion route to the above services
Absolute chaos in Manchester City Centre tonight. The Piccadilly bus station was completely gridlocked. Buses were queuing down all aisles of the bus station and were waiting over half an hour just to get to the lights leading to Portman Street. I'm guessing the wind played no small part, and maybe extra traffic in the City Centre because of the football that was supposed to be on at the Etihad and later called off, but I believe there was a serious accident on Wilmslow Road as well, so I wonder if that contributed.
Saw an X57 at the top of Councillor Lane about to turn into Ladybridge Rd at about 7-30 pm. Obviously diverted for some reason.
(12/02/2014 20:58)gilbert Wrote:  Saw an X57 at the top of Councillor Lane about to turn into Ladybridge Rd at about 7-30 pm. Obviously diverted for some reason.

That'll be because Wilmslow Road was closed in both directions due to a serious accident this afternoon.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)