Current time: 17/05/2024, 19:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(06/06/2013 20:41)South Lancs Travel Wrote:  
(06/06/2013 10:54)CX54 DKD Wrote:  And Chris works for SLT, correct me if I'm wrong Chris, dealing with all of their VOSA registrations etc. I'd say he's therefore probably pretty well informed too ;-)

Correct... and I now know the tender results and the 'source' of the previous information is wrong.

I'm not going to announce any results though, as that is up to the respective operators - the SLT results will be announced on the website once all of the paperwork has gone through the system.

Chris.
again thank you chris for clearing all this up, good luck with the tenders you have put in for/trying to keep Smile

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18 of the Stockport 59 reg Deckers are on loan to Parklife this weekend. I get the feeling a few reserves are going to get an outing shortly.
Find all posts by this user
21240 MX55NWF is another repaint at Bryn now - there's only MX55FGZ, MX55FHA and MX55FHG that need repainting now in terms of ex-First B7RLEs! P Also I thought that all of the Arrows and Olympians had been withdrawn now, however 13809 R446ULE and an Olympian which I think is a P---KPX one (I saw it at a distance at Marus Bridge) still live on lol! Big Grin
The Arrows and Olympians will be replaced with S reg Tridents from Stagecoach South West. Transfers should start in the next few weeks.
Will the B7's remain at Wigan or be shipped out like the B9's?
(08/06/2013 12:10)Polo Mint Wrote:  Will the B7's remain at Wigan or be shipped out like the B9's?

I hope they do stay at Wigan! They're the only ZF things left that go in regular service - I'm sick of the sight of the Enviros and the MANs! Too much Voith! :P
I believe Manchester were/are trying to get rid of them, but can't make the case for replacement as they're a bit too new. That, and Manchester can't cascade anything internally as they've only older SDs!
Stagecoach Manchester did well yesterday providing buses to the Parklife Concert at Heaton Park and most if not all buses were running throughout the afternoon with close to full loads, there must have been at least 10-15 or maybe more Stagecoach Manchester vehicles in use on the shuttle all from various depots also unusually on a Saturday all 3 of Middleton Depot's double deckers were out inn service, with the red Student-Link B7 on 80/112s and the 2 Magicbus Olympians operating on Parklife Service

Regarding the Parklife Concert during the afternoon I noticed about 4 Ashton Depot buses parked up near Rhodes Golf Course in Middleton while the drivers had their breaks.

The route Stagecoach are taking btw from Miller Street-Heaton Park is up Rochdale Road as far as M60 then onto M60 for one junction and off at Heaton Park Junction then down Middleton Road before turning right at Tramway Gates into Heaton Park where they were dropping people off

Interesting working on 101 last night was the sighting of a MAN on one of the journeys operating I think 18:32 Wythenshawe-Manchester service obviously due to a shortage of deckers caused by the Parklife Concert at Heaton Park

If anybody wants a good vantage point to see all the Parklife services then the best place obviously is in Heaton Park itself and also for the services from Manchester anywhere on Miller Street as there's good line up of buses that wait there awaiting passengers
540 is diverted in Bolton today due to road resurfacing works as is next sunday to. Also affects the 22

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
19425 broke down on M60 about 1pm today. Presumably on route to/from Parklife.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)