Current time: 17/05/2024, 06:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(25/11/2018 20:22)Brickmill Wrote:  Not really a problem for Hyde Road as they have so few tenders. Surely, they could avoid one bus out of an allocation of nearly 200 being used on tenders. On second thoughts, given how often 19116 is on the 42A..............

It sounded fine when I had a ride on it on the 42B last week.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/11/2018 14:08)gilbert Wrote:  It sounded fine when I had a ride on it on the 42B last week.

The point is that its the only Euro3 bus at Hyde Road. The whole point in replacing the Tridents with Euro4 Enviro400s in the MagicBus fleet was to support the voluntary LEZ on Oxford Road.
Can't remember which 1 it was but there's been a very smart enviro decker out today.

Wearing a beautifully applied all over full round wrap for bbc sound.
(29/11/2018 19:43)33109 Wrote:  Can't remember which 1 it was but there's been a very smart enviro decker out today.

Wearing a beautifully applied all over full round wrap for bbc sound.

Ooh the irony! Is that the same BBC that claims buses (by inference Euro4/5s) are the sole cause of Manchester's transport related pollution (BBC NW 14/6/18).

Back to your point, I think there are 3 or 4 with at least Hyde Road and Sharston represented. Fortunately for the passengers - the people that pay to travel on these heaps - I don't think they are "full" wrap round adverts or Contravision. I think you can actually see out of the windows.
What a pain . Adverts generate money which ever way they are done.
Brickmill - Regards BBC yes the same lot as made those claims!

Sorry I meant the vinyl wrap was the sort that's transparent from the inside. It's an all over full body wrap including the front body panels under the windscreen. Some only have vinyls on the back ends.

Stagecoach have done a few full body wraps on their deckers over the years & all have looked smart. The special repaint they did for chinese new year was good too, do hope at some point they'll do a couple of repaints into their old livery.
On the subject of adverts. Obviously with a company the size of Stagecoach I'd imagine both external and internal advertising generates a nice income but does it really effect the price we pay to travel?? Do the adverts actually subsidise the price of our tickets??
(30/11/2018 12:15)Mayneway Wrote:  On the subject of adverts. Obviously with a company the size of Stagecoach I'd imagine both external and internal advertising generates a nice income but does it really effect the price we pay to travel?? Do the adverts actually subsidise the price of our tickets??

I wouldn't use the word "subsidise"; "offset" might be a better word. Any company tries to increase and expand its revenue streams in order increase profits. If advertising wasn't profitable it wouldn't exist in a capitalist, free-market economy.
(30/11/2018 12:15)Mayneway Wrote:  On the subject of adverts. Obviously with a company the size of Stagecoach I'd imagine both external and internal advertising generates a nice income but does it really effect the price we pay to travel?? Do the adverts actually subsidise the price of our tickets??

There is obviously no clear link, but the question might be more specifically; does advertising revenue go straight to the Shareholders or is it used to subsidise *specific* routes, to narrow the glaring between genuine profitability of different services?
(30/11/2018 08:13)33109 Wrote:  Brickmill - Regards BBC yes the same lot as made those claims!

Sorry I meant the vinyl wrap was the sort that's transparent from the inside. It's an all over full body wrap including the front body panels under the windscreen. Some only have vinyls on the back ends.

Stagecoach have done a few full body wraps on their deckers over the years & all have looked smart. The special repaint they did for chinese new year was good too, do hope at some point they'll do a couple of repaints into their old livery.

Coincidentally, I did see one of the ebay AOAs on Aytoun Street this morning, and it looked like it was clear of the windows. This hasn't always been the case, as I recall recently being subjected to travelling on 19413 twice within a few days (once on ostensibly MMC operated 201). This heap of junk not only had all but two windows each side obscured by contravision, I don't even recall seeing an external advert. Needless to say, the seats were also threadbare, so certainly no "subsidising" of cash-cow Hyde Road corridor routes.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)