Current time: 17/05/2024, 06:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Friend of mine has photographed a rather odd working today of 22407 on 23 from Trafford Centre-Stockport, not often a MAN shows up on Stockports Trafford Centre duties these days.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/01/2017 07:36)M60lad Wrote:  Seems to getting regular at Stockport that the new MMC400s are appearing on other routes as well as the Traffords that they are branded for, its the same with the Hybrid 192 branded Enviro400s, they turn up daily on various Stockport routes including 11/11As and 368s.

As for the Hybrid Solo/Versas its the same with them, there meant to just be on Romiley Circurlars and 312 Handforth Deans (Both routes interwork) but can be seen on various other Stockport mimibus routes infact the other week I actually spotted one at Trafford Centre on a duty on X5.

The Tfgm hybrids normally stray onto the X5
Stagecoach's Middleton Depot have not got upto date VIX ticket machines fitted to their fleet now replacing older ERG machines
(26/01/2017 15:37)M60lad Wrote:  Stagecoach's Middleton Depot have not got upto date VIX ticket machines fitted to their fleet now replacing older ERG machines

Are these the new ones that accept contactless payment? A mate of mine who drives at Hyde road reckones they have had a new one in display and drivers have been receiving training on how to use them.
I think 22303 is still going as well, I know it was among the first reported as Withdrawn but it got reinstated and i kept seeing it regular when in Wigan

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Having been off for a week I've only had snippets of information, correct in FM30 being here for 19409, (although FM30 is currently off the road) originally there wasn't going to be a loan bus brought in for it but with MN's current situation it's been brought in later on, so that's where I've got my wires crossed! Wigan are seeing 2 Deckers from Stockport, 2 from Sharston and 4 from Hyde Road anytime soon while 21237-247 and 22308/27/28 are moving straight to disposal.
Just had a ride on 19265 [Magic Bus] on the X57. Apparently the scheduled bus ''had been involved in a RTA and the driver had to go back to the garage for a replacement'' Certainly the first and almost certainly the last Magic I'll travel on while this route is the X57
Magic Bus 19248 on the 256 this afternoon.
When the MANs are withdrawn it'll be a sad day. Despite the issues they've had a fair few drivers i've had a natter to actually really enjoy driving them.
(28/01/2017 14:23)Dentonian Wrote:  The total of eight Enviro400s transferring to Wigan tallies with something I've heard elsewhere, so it will be interesting to see exactly which ones............and how well they are used at their new home. Don't forget though, that there will be other fleet changes prompted not only be service reductions/withdrawals, but by the exchange of work between Hyde Road and Sharston. HE will operate the revised 42 group of services, with the 50 transferring to SH. 12233-46 will almost certainly transfer with the 50, as they are suitably branded. Its not clear what will move the other way, not least because whilst the (reduced) 42 is already a hybrid route, the 42A & 42B (basically an all stops X57) aren't. Looking at the timetable, the 42A & 42B will interwork, requiring an off-peak allocation of 9 buses.

The provisional Period 11 fleet card also shows 11 more Enviro400s into Wigan along with two Enviro200's with 22352-358, 361, 521, 572, 583, 586, 587 moving out.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)