Current time: 28/04/2024, 17:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

British Airways
RE: British Airways
Have there really been any negative effects aside from a few less times being available on the reduced Heathrow service? There's not really going to be a capacity issue given there are 321s available to run the route as required and its again another way for BA to reduce their aircraft requirement and cascade some Airbus aircraft to Gatwick for 737 replacement. They're going to reduce operating costs and keep the same revenue with little real effect to the customer - makes sense to me!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/11/2012 21:20)Metroline1511 Wrote:  
(31/10/2012 22:32)SNL 824 Wrote:  Lots of good news today for Manchester from Ryanair,but it looks like BA are pulling the gatwick service.

Do you know when the MAN-LGW service is ceasing? I narrowly missed out on Jet2 running this route in 2007 so may like to ride this route with BA. This route withdrawal falls hard on the heels of the MAN-LHR Terminal 1 ex-BMI service ceasing last weekend.

I believe it's 31st March.
Thanks SNL, it is often March and October that timetables change. I doubt that BA will give out free Easter eggs on the last day though!
LHR totally f***** up today, due to BA incompetence. We landed at 3pm from Bangalore . Eventually arrived at remote T5 B gate at 5.30pm. 2 and a half hours to go half a mile and then wait again for a bus to the terminal. We were told it was because outbound flights couldn't leave gates because they were awaiting deicing. However when we reached, the terminal all european and domestic flights had been cancelled, effectlively blocking all T5 gates. Baggage hall was a mess with no BA staff anywhere in sight. Bags were just coming out on random belts. BA announced that they were no longer taking rebookings for cancelled flights. Ie F*** off and die, if you have a BA ticket for a cancelled flight you're on your own.

I regularly fly through Zurich during the winter. The amount of snow at LHR today would result in maximum 10-15 min delays at Zurich. Yet BA just shut everything down resulting in mass chaos for thouands. BA you are pathetic!
BA has announced an order for 18 A350 from Airbus for delivery in 2018.

For Airbus to get BA this is a coup as they have been a staunch operator of Boeing products .
They used to be. But take a look again - all LHR domestic and european operations are A319/20/21. A380s to LAX and Hong Kong from October. And also the 318s from London City to New York. Not sure if there's still a handful of B737s at LGW but otherwise all 737s and 757s are long gone. Airbus have been making significant inroads into the BA fleet for a good ten years now.
Some B734 aircraft are indeed still in service - G-DOCA/B/E/F/G/H/L/N/O/S/T/U/V/W/X/Y/Z & G-GBTA/B. Total of 19 operating the European network alongside A319s from Gatwick.

Whilst an order of 18 has been made for the A350, it was also announced earlier this month that 18 options for the 787 have been converted to firm orders due for delivery between 2017-2021. Takes the total of 'on order' 787s to 43 whilst the current grand total of Airbus orders for the A380 and A350 combined stands at 40. 10 A320 family aircraft on order too.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
For the second time this year, I was caught in a BA meltdown at LHR. An A319 bound for Oslo suffered an engine failure just after takeoff and returned for an emergency landing and subsequent evacuation. Runway operations were severely restricted from approximately 9am to 11am. However by 11am both runways were operational again and my inbound flight from SFO arrived just 10 minutes late at 11.10.

However BA cancelled all European and domestic flights between 11am and 4pm on the Friday of a bank holiday weekend. Therefore no connection today to Manchester. BA's attitude was "land yourself and then join the 90 minute queue to rebook for tomorrow. Thanks BA! Thank god for Avis and their willingness to go the extra mile to deal with a whole load of extra "one way customers" on an already busy weekend.
Unfortunately Short Haul when things go wrong are using up valuable take off and landing spots , that would better suit long haul flights.

That is the problem with Heathrow there is no slack for when we get to service pertubation like today .

Would you like Heathrow to tarmac over more villages for a Runway No3 , so that the short haul flights can operate .
not a good day for B.A. or P.I.A. today. Quite an eventful day for air traffic over the UK. How long will it take to repair the aircraft involved? (A319 G-EUOE).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)