Current time: 11/05/2024, 08:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Service Changes
RE: Greater Manchester Service Changes
(30/07/2021 05:42)M60lad Wrote:  Just pure guesswork here but there still isn't anything saying this new service will serve Wilmslow, I mean it could sort of run Express/Limited Stop from Macclesfield-Manchester Airport running straight via A34 and Manchester Airport Relief Road.

The TfGM notes reveal the X57 will be extended to the airport viewing park and then it will change to an X1 service. I would have thought if the plan is to use the Airport relief road that it would be sensible to go down Princess Park Way, then the M56 to Junction 6 to serve the viewing park, then to go on to the station and the airport relief road.

I think to get from the viewing park to the relief road you'd have to Wilmslow Road, head towards Altrincham, then either turn down Runger Lane or go on to the M56 for one junction northbound (effectively back to the station), which is the reason why the old 200 service from Styal finished at the viewing park, not the airport station.

Although, you correct in that the TfGM notes don't specifically mention Wilmslow. I certainly wouldn't expect the X1 to do like the 88 and to serve any stop on Altrincham Road, Bank Square, the station and the Coach & Four.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greater Manchester Service Changes - knutstransport - 30/07/2021 09:10

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)