Current time: 11/05/2024, 12:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Service Changes
RE: Greater Manchester service changes
(04/07/2020 09:54)knutstransport Wrote:  The description under the service number for 42C suggests it will go to Handforth but reading the detail box it mentions continuing to Handforth Retail Park. I think someone at TfGM needs to be clearer about the routes - they are possibly using Handforth, Handforth Retail Park and Handforth Dean to all mean exactly the same terminus.

I think running the 379 to Handforth Dean is more logical than having it terminate at Grove Lane - which seems to be a response to Cheshire East not agreeing to Stagecoach's subsidy demands for continuing to run the service to Wilmslow, meaning they terminate it just before the Cheshire East boundary.

I'm presuming TfGM think some GM residents work at Stanley Green Business Park, so it's their responsibility to ensure there's buses from Cheadle and beyond to there and Handforth Dean is just a convenient place to terminate the service.

The map clearly has the 42C turning left into Stanley Road, missing Handforth and a connecting facility with the 130. This could well be not wanting to go cross border, a mistake or just incompetence. It's TfGM, so probably all three.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greater Manchester service changes - KXW212 - 04/07/2020 10:39

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)