Current time: 21/05/2024, 12:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North West Bus Service Changes due to Coronavirus outbreak
RE: North West Bus Service Changes due to Coronavirus outbreak
(29/11/2021 15:33)knutstransport Wrote:  The Equalities Act requires reasonable adjustments to be made for people with disabilities including long term medical conditions which has a significant impact on their daily activities.

I'm interested to know why you're under the impression the act says no-one has to prove their exempt for reasonable adjustments to be made. You certainly can't get park in a disabled parking space unless you hold a blue badge and to get that you have to prove to someone you are disabled. Neither can you get a free disabled bus ticket without showing a valid disabled pass. I appreciate the NHS are not issuing cards for face mask exemptions, so in most cases genuinely exempt people can't prove they are exempt and you just have to take their word for it.

If someone claimed they had a medical condition preventing them wearing a mask, when they didn't, I'm sure they could legally be denied boarding to a bus/entry to a shop. I think it's just unfortunate there's so many people who won't do what's common sense, meaning it has to be written in to law.

You've answered your own question. It isn't written in law.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: North West Bus Service Changes due to Coronavirus outbreak - KXW212 - 01/12/2021 13:42

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)