Current time: 21/05/2024, 18:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North West Bus Service Changes due to Coronavirus outbreak
RE: North West Bus Service Changes due to Coronavirus outbreak
(12/05/2020 09:22)knutstransport Wrote:  I think one reason why bus usage is higher in Greater Manchester, Merseyside and Warrington compared to Cheshire and Lancashire is the frequency of services. People aren't going to wait 40 minutes for a bus after walk if they can walk home in 20 minutes but if the bus is every 5 minutes they might catch the bus, especially if the weather isn't good.

However, I agree that most people won't use the bus if they have a car. People with cars who can't park at their workplace tend to park at stations and Metrolink stops from where they use public transport to reach the city centre - it doesn't happen so much with buses, except for designated Park & Ride services.

Frequencies are roughly 2 hours on tendered services and 1-2 hours on commercial work.
Personally I think it’s time the government spoke to operators and tendering authorities with a plan about slowly increasing frequency’s instead of waiting till the buses are packed before acting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: North West Bus Service Changes due to Coronavirus outbreak - Mayneway - 12/05/2020 11:35

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)