Current time: 08/05/2024, 02:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(15/05/2016 10:12)Dentonian Wrote:  I don't want to get into a debate about collective responsibility and punishment, but I've never heard of investing in new buses for a specific route and then specifying unacceptable seating.
I should point out that my interest is purely in *downstairs* seating. I've heard reports elsewhere implying that this years order introduces a new general seating specification for all new buses (except Gold etc), and based on photos of *upstairs* seating is more comfortable than the current standard for both up and down.

The standard high-backed Pratico seating both upstairs and downstairs on the new Enviro400s is identical and respectably comfortable. However, the low-backed seating over the moulded plastic towards the back downstairs and on the front right row and back row upstairs is rock hard and barely an improvement over what the older style Enviros had.

There are already some differences in seating specification between divisions, as the Glasgow batch (10511-10525) don't appear to have any of the low-backed seats at all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot - H101GEV - 15/05/2016 12:39

User(s) browsing this thread: 53 Guest(s)