Current time: 19/05/2024, 16:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
I did wonder if Sheffield's Enviro400s were going to be from Gillmoss...

(They're heading over the Pennies to capitalise on First's poor planning - as a result of the Sheffield QPS network changes, First services are now regularly overloaded & leaving passengers behind, so Stagecoach are increasing vehicle size on some routes to compensate)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Where has this information come from?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(24/11/2015 20:48)childwallblues Wrote:  Where has this information come from?

Gillmoss
Does anybody know how many Tridents are transferring to Gillmoss?

As I posted in the Manchester and Wigan thread 17202 has now returned to Manchester
Seen Reserve Dart 34600 on the 53s today

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
34600 has been out and about for a few weeks now. 17111 is currently on the X3
(24/11/2015 17:16)mbonwick Wrote:  I did wonder if Sheffield's Enviro400s were going to be from Gillmoss...

(They're heading over the Pennies to capitalise on First's poor planning - as a result of the Sheffield QPS network changes, First services are now regularly overloaded & leaving passengers behind, so Stagecoach are increasing vehicle size on some routes to compensate)

That is unfair to blame First for something, which was down to SYPTE/Sheffield City Council.
Can't comment on the terms of the QPS as I'm not familiar with it.

First aren't to blame for the changes to the network - but they are to blame for replacing deckers (on routes that previously had a joint presence with Stagecoach as well!!) with a mixture of darts and other single decks.

That is the stupidity which Stagecoach are trying to/hoping to capitalise on, and I'm told it's already the case that people will boycott First services and wait for Stagey instead.
(25/11/2015 20:44)mbonwick Wrote:  Can't comment on the terms of the QPS as I'm not familiar with it.

First aren't to blame for the changes to the network - but they are to blame for replacing deckers (on routes that previously had a joint presence with Stagecoach as well!!) with a mixture of darts and other single decks.

That is the stupidity which Stagecoach are trying to/hoping to capitalise on, and I'm told it's already the case that people will boycott First services and wait for Stagey instead.

Won't First just respond by lowering fares or offering flat fares as is the case in Manchester on the student corridor?
That won't help them - the QPS sets the price of network/multi-operator tickets, and the pricing is designed to get people to purchase them rather than singles/returns in most cases.

Remember also that Stagecoach have the advantage of operating the Sheffield Supertram, and most (all?) Stagecoach passes are also valid on the trams.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)