Current time: 07/05/2024, 14:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(16/10/2014 23:01)FC Pictures Wrote:  Well you can say that but i don`t agree with you , have a look on a recent map and the hospital is clearly called Aintree, Not Fazakerley, this is 2014 not 1974

Nostalgia etc is for museums and running days not modern bus services

Whether the hospital sits in Fazakerley or not it's now called Aintree University Hospital, having just changed from its old official name of University Hospital Aintree, some buses did show this on the destination but as you can imagine the writing was very small. HTLs 102 shows Aintree Hospital. The hospital was renamed when Walton and Fazakerley were joined under the same NHS Trust for ease called Aintree Hospitals Trust.

There are loads of places people will always remember old names. For example when I was at CMT their ticket machines had the Rotunda as a timing point, this was a former cinema on the triangle piece of land by Scotland Road/Stanley Road. The Mons pub changed to Hilltop for years yet everyone called it The Mons which it's now reverted back to. The Crown pub that stood on the corner of East Lancs and Stopgate lane was burnt down and demolished years ago yet it's known as the a crown crossroads in the road signage So I can appreciate Fazakerley Hospital will be Fazakerley Hospital but it's new name and the massive letter A that's now stuck to the side of the hospital blocks is its new name!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot - Route102 - 17/10/2014 10:31

User(s) browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)