Current time: 07/05/2024, 16:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(15/02/2014 21:52)Barney Wrote:  
(15/02/2014 21:36)Scania1996 Wrote:  
(15/02/2014 21:23)Barney Wrote:  Personally, I don't think that using a single-decker on the 2X2 on a Saturday at this time of the year is such a big deal. If the Scania decker failed in the Liverpool area Gillmoss didn't have much option if it had to provide a replacement as it only has nine deckers in total and they were all probably out on the 86 route. The alternative was to wait for a replacement from Preston and that would probably have taken several hours to arrange. Also, I was told - but did not witness it myself - that last Wednesday during the storm and high winds most if not all of the 2X2s were operated by single-deckers from midday onwards.

Indeed, there was 5 Versas, a pair of Esteems and a Scania Enviro400

Thanks for confirming that info. My source is usually very reliable.

Looking at the photo of 24178, it appears to have a paper sticker with 'X2' on it even though it is also showing the correct destination and route number on the Hanover blind. As a matter of interest, how easily and quickly can a digital blind be reprogrammed? Could this have been done when it got to Preston bus station on its first trip?
It's simply a case of plugging in the "Keylo" into the Hanover display controller with the routes preloaded and they will transfer over
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot - Scania1996 - 15/02/2014 22:00

User(s) browsing this thread: 44 Guest(s)